We were on a holiday for ten days in this resort. We enjoyed the stay in the resort because of the serviceminded staff and the beatiful area in the resort. we also enjoyed the room with the silent terace place.The Beach area by the hotel was ok. Loads of Hollenders, probably because of the historical issue. The staff always spoke to us in Dutch, and they seemed surprise when we presented English as our preference language The waitresses who worked in the cabana Beach seemed to have awful lot of time, and they often forgot to give us the menucards. The food was excellent, specially the pizza dishes who was made by a lady whitch kitchen was beside cabanas main Kitchen. She stood there alone making pizza, strolling around when she didnt. The Beach area was ok, it was quite a long beach and it was other places and restaurants who rented out beds on the Beach. One time we rented to single beds 50 meters from hotel area,it was the same beach. we had to pay both entrance and beds. One day a week cruiseships adds port in Willemstad. The well-fed american tourists on the ship always come to the Beach by the resort, occupying the beds and causes a feeling of a typical southern stereotyped vacation, not idyllic!
Curacao was also more expensive than we calculated, so we burned out a whole lot of Money. The food was normally cheap, about 25-30 dollar for a two person meal. or 50 or so guilders.. Clothes and perfume was more expensive than in norway. Licour was a bit cheaper, beer such as Polar, Heineken, Amstel, in 23 or 33 cl, from 3-5 dollars.
The best Beach in Curacao named Knip Beach. It was magnificent! The beach was located in North- west so we had to drive. Sadly it started to rain after five minutes so we leaved early. Kokomo Beach was alright, it was free entrance but instead you had to pay for beds, food and drink. Not allowed to bring food or drink, only water. We stayed there for about one hour. Porto Marie beach was alright, many tourists, also up in the North. Nice place to dive cause of the Corals and fishes..
Although,the most disappointing part for me was the beaches in Curacao. I expected more! I have seen even more beatiful beaches in Greece. Curacao was dry as hell. Areas without buildings were covered by cactus and thornbushes. It was also a lot of trash lying around outside the city. Native People in curacao was more reserved than i thought, not exactly enthusiastic.
In a scale from one to ten I give curacao six. Kontiki gets 8 Points.:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the most beautiful island in the Caribbean, on the most desirable beach of tropical Curacao you will find Kontiki Beach Resort. This luxury resort offers everything to make your holiday an unforgettable experience. You are welcome for a memorable and exotic stay. The resort has an extraordinary set up and is built with natural materials. Complex and vegetation, architecture and nature, all combined harmoniously into a relaxing atmosphere. The tropical superior is a wonderfully luxurious, renovated room. The extras of the tropical superior (full service) will not be available in this room. The tropical superior (full service) is a wonderfully luxurious, renovated room for extra comfort. In the tropical superior (full service) you can expect the following extras: bathrobes and slippers, mini-bar in a cold beach bag on day of arrival, a free luxurious lounge bed at beach club cabana, daily turn-down service (except on day of arrival). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontiki Dive And Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Van Der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort Curacao/Willemstad