Tripadvisor
Willemstad
Post
Inbox
Search

“We found this place on our”
Review of Namora Restaurant

Namora Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 410 Restaurants in Willemstad
Description: Namora Restaurant; for a romantic dining experience for you and your partner, having fun with the family, or just enjoying drinks at the bar with friends. Enjoy great entertainment every wednesday on our tropical night with live entertainment by cuban express band. Thursday's local folklore dancing from 12:30 pm and love birds night every friday night with all you can pour at our bar. We strive to leave a lasting experience with our amazing location, delicious food, exciting cocktails, outdoor terrace and sophisticated yet cozy interior. “Taste the love…”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place on our way to the hotel from the airport. We were so glad we we tried this place. I had the truffle pasta with chicken. I could've rave more about my food!! The flavors were amazing!! It was everything I was hoping for and more!! The portion was huge!! I couldn't finish it all even though I really wanted too. My BF had the tuna. He never tried tuna before and he was very happy with his choice. The service was over the top!! They took very good care of us. Everyone from the hostess, cook and I believe owner or manager check to make sure everything was good. The young waitresses said her English wasn't too good but she spoke better English than most of the people I know in the states!! She was such a lovely person and very pleasant. They had a nice bar and live music the evening we were there. We sat outside and had a wonderful dinner.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (218)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was really nice, the view was beautiful, the food was REALLY good and the attention was the best! We are really happy, was the best experience and restaurant we visited in curacao.

RICHELINE was our waitress and she was the best, really friendly, funny and very attentive with us, we are really happy with her.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great restaurant and service by richeline very friendly. Good food (I had the vegetarian ravioli which was very creamy and tasty). Lovely view as well. Seated outside perfectly windy but not too much and no mosquitos

1  Thank eangeleyesr
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was very bad ! Food quality below average. Waited one hour and a half to get the food which is really tasteless. They have no clue whatsoever about gluten free allergy. We finished 2 bottles of wine and no food yet. The server took the orders for snapper and after 30 minutes they come back to tell us no fish today !!! Really bad experience!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank paul h
Reviewed January 15, 2020

After many disappointing meals on Curaçao, for my birthday dinner I did my research and selected Namora based on its TripAdvisor reviews. I'm so glad I did. Our hotel made the reservation and Namora sent a free car to pick us up and drop us off. We sat out on the gorgeous balcony, but the rain forced us inside for the rest of the meal. Service was very friendly. Our cocktails were pretty good, although they took FOREVER to arrive--I would guess at least 20-25 minutes, and there were only two other tables occupied at the restaurant. (We noticed that cocktail service was painfully slow everywhere we went on the island, so this didn't seem too unusual. If you don't want to wait, stick with beer or wine.)

Our meal was great. We had the truffle pasta and mushroom risotto with a side of avocado fries, and all were tasty. We explained we are vegetarians and they modified their pre-meal amuse bouche just for us. For dessert they brought out an amazing gelato sundae with caramel corn on top, and I will seriously never eat gelato without caramel corn again! All the servers sang happy birthday in English and Spanish--such a nice surprise, and a great way to wrap up my birthday.

I've seen some reviews talk about the price being high, but I think the price was VERY reasonable for the atmosphere and quality of the food you're getting (not to mention the free shuttle service). Our total bill was around $80 for two people with four drinks, two entrees, a dessert and a side.

I'd highly recommend Namora to "foodies" and people looking for a nice/romantic meal.