We stayed at Renaissance Resort for 4 nights in mid-October for our honeymoon and the stay was wonderful! To start off with the room:
Nice size, beautiful vibrant colors, good size balcony. Our room was on the end of the hotel and technically though an "Island King" to overlook the city, being on the end we got a great view of the ocean and dock as well. The bed is super comfy - firm enough for support but with a nice two inch pillowtop for softness you can sink into =). Nice sized bathroom. I really enjoyed the bathroom mirror and lightning. The shower had good pressure and a curved curtain rod so the curtain wouldn't billow up and stick to you. It did unnerve me that the toilet was a low-flow toilet so just fair warning! =)
Location to the city is great - so close to the Rif Fort shopping center and restaurants. The shopping is more on the luxurious side (Max Mara, Mango, multiple jewelery shops, Guess, etc) but there's a nice mix of eateries and restaurants. It's nice having several restaurants so close by because some close at 11 whereas it seemed a lot of the rest of the city closed shop at 6.
The staff is nice and helpful, especially those at the front desk. We only ate breakfast once there; the buffet was had great food - not bad for USD$40 for 2 ppl considering we could get seconds or thirds or stay for however long we wanted. Service was adequate, not crazy on top of it but not awful either. People have to realize also a lot of tropical places are on "island time" lol so just relax! =)
I wasn't really used to so many additional charges like local calls from our hotel phone, the multiple service charges plus high tax charges, but it seemed like it was like that all over the island =/.
The salt water infinity pool was amazing! I loved that it mimicked a real beach without being as rocky as many other Curacao beaches. Fantastic aspect! I wasn't used to the pool being so far away from the elevators and therefore our room but the benefit was the interior of the hotel stayed nice and clean, no sand being tracked in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad