5 people are viewing this hotel
Renaissance Hotels$180
Booking.com$180
Travelocity$180
2,549 results
All reviews rif fort man made beach infinity pool nautilus restaurant fresh water pool artificial beach cruise ship salt water ocean view floating bridge fourth floor shopping and restaurants across the bridge queen emma bridge hotel is great rented a car lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2017

This was my fourth time in this hotel and it is still great. A good hotel to visit if you are alone. The boys at the door are always friendly and know the answers to most of your questions. They have tips and tricks for your stay.

The food in the Nautilus restaurant was good this year (keep this chef!). And with the care of Piet it is great to eat there. Piet knows his costumers and what they like / want. He remembers your wishes (my coffee was always ready at the end of the meal.) And he always makes time for a nice chat. (And his laugh makes everybody happy)

What was really great to see this year is the team of the Blue bar. It has improved much. Ruth is doing a great job as a shiftleader. The team is working great together. You can see they like their job and like to work together. They are open en friendly.They have their eye on the costumer and always make time for you. So special thanks to Miss Ruth, Girainey, Luis, Nick, Surensley and Monique. You made my stay wonderfull!
(big hug from Tanya / "miss Ester")

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Tanya50
Reviewed August 17, 2017

My wife and I spent five nights at the Renaissance recently. We enjoyed the resort thoroughly and loved Curacao.

The Renaissance's strong points are: (1) a location in the heart of Willemstad (the only big town on Curacao) and walking distance to all its cultural and architectural highlights, including the Punda district which is like a European town set down on a tropical island, (2) unbelievably friendly and helpful staff, (3) lots of dining and shopping choices either within the hotel or in the Riffort complex just steps away, (4) spotless cleanliness and efficiency, and (5) being a full service resort with its own casino and pool/beach (more on that below).

So I'd recommend it highly for the typical traveler who wants to see the town and the island, spend some time on the beach during the day, and dining and gambling in the evening.

But be careful. For some people it won't be right. If you picture yourself on an endless expanse of natural beach, you won't enjoy it; the Renaissance's beach is man-made and is on a gigantic Infinity pool rather than the ocean. If you want to "get away from it all," it won't be right for you; it's in the center of the bustling capital of the island. If you want to be in a palatial suite with a marble bathroom and rest, it might not be right; the Renaissance rooms are spacious and clean but not anything extraordinary.

So it's a great place, but make sure it corresponds to your needs.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alan S
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Upon my arrival I was very eager to check out the hotel and its extensive list of amenities. I received the best, genuine customer service from the "Blue Bar", you can find this bar located right next to the casino. There are a few staff that stood out and I would like to give each of them recognition.

Girainey Muskus-- He was the first person I met. He was friendly, outgoing, and funny. He paid attention to detail with my picky food order of nachos with certain items omitted. He was always eager to prepare me another drink when I was ready. He also gave me great information about the local bars that were having happy hour during my stay! He is a wonderful person and is what I expect from the Marriott team during my travels.

Luis-- He was another bartender that was also very approachable and charismatic during my time spent at the Marriott. His drinks were phenomenal and his customer service was great. I never felt like I was a bother, even when the bar was busy. I never sat with an empty glass.

Nick- I had the pleasure of meeting Nick the night before I left, but in true vacation style it felt like I was right at home with my new found friends. He too was very attentive and was genuinely concerned about how my stay was, and if I needed anything before the long journey back to the US.

I hope that the Marriott continues to employ those that love what they do and understand the true meaning of customer service!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank arlequinerica
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Thanks you Alexis and his colleagues,wonderful team,always smiling verteld friendly helpful people.Frontdesk Team can learn from them.
Nice hotel,good location,Nice and clean rooms.Had sea view room without balcony. Good expensive breakfirst. You need a car in Curaçao to see things.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lapistola
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

The Renaissance Hotel and Casino is situated near the St. Ana bay which divides the capital of the island of Curaçao called Willemstad in two parts namely "Punda" and "Otrabanda". Willemstad is named as a world herritage site by UNESCO because of its historic monuments.
The hotel is nice and has a friendly staff that is always willing to assist you. For those who like some gambling there is also a casino. The hotel itself is situated besides an old fortress that has been remodled into a small shopping center. The hotel is also part of an open shopping boardwalk where quality clothing,jewelry and parfums are available. There are also nice restaurants in the neighbourhood and a cinema for movie lovers. Within walking distance you can walk over the pontoon bridge called "the old swinging lady" that connects the Punda-side and Otrabanda-side. At night and especially in the weekends you can enjoy local live music in the fortress. A stay at the Renaissance Hotel is definitely worth your money.

Trip type: Traveled with family