These are some things you may want to know before you stay at the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino. I will provide a list of positives and negatives that will hopefully help you make your decision.
--the location is excellent because you are close (i.e., walkable) to the Willemstad city core (both Punda across the bridge and Otrobanda)
--the staff at the hotel is generally very friendly and pleasant (i.e., they smile and say hi)
--the faux beach at the hotel is likely the ONLY beach in town, and even though it's not real it kind of feels like it. Most of the beaches are North or South of Willemstad. Keep that in mind if you're looking for a beach vacation
--the room we got was nice for Caribbean standards (i.e., it was spacious, air conditioned, nice view, clean, large updated bathroom and lots of plugs for my technology)
--there is free WiFi at both Starbucks, as well as the lobby and faux beach
--there is good security on premises
--there is NO real beach. We didn't think this would be an issue for us, but it ended up becoming one. Our solution to this problem was to get transportation and visit all the beaches along the coast
--the swimming pool is small
--there is an additional cost for WiFi in the room
--we left the sheets out to be washed and housekeeping put the same ones back on the bed. We even left a generous tip.
--the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion was not replenished. We had to ask for more. I can't think of any hotel where I had to ask for more toiletries.
--the in-room coffee/ tea/ sugar/ cream was not replenished. We had to ask for more. They also never put back our coffee machine after we used it. They would just leave it out on the counter.
--the lobby smells of heavy cigarette smoke because of the casino. I am not a smoker, so I found this to be bothersome. They could improve the ventilation
Overall, the stay was good, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I think that the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino is relatively one of the nicer hotels in Curacao for island standards. I hope you find this review helpful, if so give me helpful vote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad