“What a find!”

Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a very nice resort with a beautiful location at a reasonable price. Every member of the hotel staff was quick to respond and very helpful. Our room was very comfortable but a little small for 4 adults. Besides the comfort of the hotel, there is designer, boutique, and local shopping. The nearby fort adds character and a wide range of dining experiences. Just past the fort you'll find open market kiosks selling local souvenirs, a unique pontoon bridge spanning the channel, and Willemstad's iconic waterfront shops.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 2foodies15
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Curaçao & would recommend this resort for anyone looking for a very nice resort at an affordable price. The hotel staff and natives of the island are extremely friendly. Every member of the hotel staff was very helpful and a true pleasure to deal with. The rooms were pleasantly decorated and the condition of the hotel was very good. The quality of the food at the Infinity Beach Club and at the Cru Steakhouse was Above average. We only had breakfast at the Nautilus restaurant and it was decent but they could have offered a better selection of food choices. My only criticism of the resort is it did not have a spa or a large selection of amenities but overall it was a very nice vacation at a nice resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie1959
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was the first time staying at this hotel in Curacao. We normally stay at similar hotels but with beaches. However, my children loved the salt-water pool with it's "fake" beach. The hotel has it's own Starbucks plus the restaurant was very good. The wifi in the lobby was free and worked perfectly. The service was some of the best service I've ever experienced in Curacao. Plus, it's next door to Punda so it's easy to grab a nice lunch or some casual shopping without all the trouble of taxis or parking.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view or near Starbucks
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AirDumas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

went to the hotel with my girlfriend and her family... got the all inclusive package and they treated you like you were kings. one of my best memories on a vacation! when you go Piet is the man to get to know there as he can help you out with anything! The a la carte steak restaurant is great. Would recommend this hotel to anybody, cant wait to go back next year. also there is 24/7 security on the resorts property.

Room Tip: Choose one of the balcony rooms overlooking the water or even the rooms looking onto the strip is be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph1995
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Renaissance and had a wonderful time. You can not ask for a better location to get to all the tourist sites. The man made beach/salt water infinity pool is great and you are in the heart of the area to shop and eat. I'll list some pros and cons about my stay.

CONS: Our "island" view faced the baseball stadium so we had no view..at all. Upon check-in we were asked if we wanted to updgade to ocean view but it was an additional $25 a day so I didn't feel it was worth it. We were also located on the street that has the loading area and pick up/drop off passengers from the cruise ships (that are docked outside the hotel) for their day trips. I am very light sleeper so some mornings I was up by 7 due to the traffic. I'm sure this isn't a problem if you can sleep through traffic. The mini-fridge is really a micro-mini fridge. You can't stand a bottle of water up in there, so don't plan to store much. On Wednesday, housekeeping came around at 8:30 and we were still in bed I asked it they could come back later. We went out for a few hours later in the morning and came back and the room wasn't done. I asked the front desk when we out around 1:30 and when we arrived at 6:30. Nothing. We ran out of toilet paper. That's about it for the cons.

PROS: As I mentioned in the title, this hotel is in the perfect location. You can walk to just about all the major the tourist sites. The hotel is on the harbor so no natural beach but they did a fantasic job buliding thier beach. The hotel is clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We visited the casino and it was clean and modern. We also visitied the fitness center. It has the basics. You are in the heart of the high end shopping area. There are also souvenir shops in the fort that are more affordable. The wi fi in the starbucks works well but it doens't go far. There is also a movie theater next to the hotel that is playing current movies if someone is interered.

OVERALL: I definitely reccommend this hotel and I would stay here again. One thing to keep in mind about the island. The food is expensive. I've been to several islands and this is one of the pricier ones when it comes to food, I don't just mean at the hotel either. It's pricey everywhere. If one cruise ship is in port it's okay, if you have two in port at the same time, be prepared for some crowds.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mailer1877
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Curacao July 22-27 and stayed at the property. We have nothing but tremendous things to say as our stay was wonderful. The room was very clean (housekeeping cleaned twice daily), service was impeccable and the food was great. As a Platium Elite Marriott Rewards member the resort even provided complimentary breakfast for us daily. We had a minor incident the first night as my wife got food poisoning from the airline while traveling in and Glenno (night security) went above and beyond to assist. He even allowed us to use his personal cell phone to call back home to speak with both our parents. The next day the resort sent up complimentary soup and crackers to get her feeling better.

Pro's
- Very clean and safe resort
- Great location with plenty of restaurants near (walking distance to Willemstad)
- Complimentary breakfast (since I'm a Platinum Elite Member)
- Amazing 2nd floor man-made beach/pool...no rocks and all soft white sand. Not crowded at all and very relaxing everyday.
- Staff friendliness

Con's
- NO WIFI! A big con...only Wi-Fi was in lobby/Starbucks area. Very dissappointed but cable internet was still offered in rooms so bring laptop if you prefer connecting there.
- Resort not on beach. If you're a beach person this isn't the place for you...my wife and I are more pool type people so we loved the man-made beach. Was like a pool but with soft white sand, salt water and no jellyfish.

Overall, we loved staying at the Renaissance Curacao resort and will definitely go back! Was one of our better trips!

Room Tip: Ocean View on 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Devin M
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice pool, good front desk experience checking in and out. Great location for walking around town. Can't comment on food, except that smoothies are way too thin and tasteless--made with milk or non-flavor yogurt and not much fruit.

Room Tip: nice oceanfront room, but when the cruise ship came in before dawn, it disappeared
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelzalot08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!