Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
$194
Hilton Curacao(Willemstad)
$156
  • Pool
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
$112
$209
$101
$162
HotelsClick
$826
Orbitz.com
1,952 results
All reviewsman made beachinfinity beachnautilus restaurantfake beachblue barinterior roomsalt watercruise shipall inclusive packageocean viewfresh water poolfloating bridgeparking garageconference roombusiness centerfourth flooracross the bridge
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Anytime I travel to Curacao I try to stay at the Renaissance because of the service and the location.
Located just right next to one of the oldest forts of the island that protected the Harbour hundreds of years ago, you are surrounded by the rich culture of Curacao. Step out of the hotel and you are amidst fabulous shops, movie cinema, great restaurants and Starbucks. Dining inside the Renaissance is always a pleasure where a delicious, fresh and well assorted buffet is served daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Worth seeing even if you don't swim is their 'beach' on the second floor. Amazing. You could easily be without a car the first few days of your visit simply because within walking distance there is just so much to see and do. Truly delightful and absolutely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank ChrisS6901
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Only stayed one night before heading to Bonaire. Overall, My dive buddy and I both enjoyed our short stay at this property. Check in was smooth and friendly, with only a short wait due to a number of conference guests checking in at the same time. The bell staff greeting us in line with cold bottled water on a silver platter was a nice touch. Originally had a complimentary upgrade to a balcony, ocean view. However with only one king bed, we opted to downgrade to a street view with two double beds. Room was clean, well appointed, and comfortable No road or street noise, even on a busy Friday night. Infinity pool looked relaxing, but we did not use it. Best part of the hotel is the location! Out the front doors, and out into an upscale dining and shopping area. In the evening, live music was playing in the courtyard, with numerous options for food and drinks. A short walk (3 city blocks) brings you to the harbor, and the swinging bridge into downtown.
We did not use any of the hotel food and beverage services, so unable to comment. Starbucks is less than a block away from the hotel, if you need your fix.
Overall, property is clean and comfortable, and in a great location. The minimal staff interaction we had was friendly and professional. Wifi tip: strong signal available on the benches near the street side door..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CMHdiver
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife & I stayed here May 6 -13 and enjoyed our stay. For us it was the perfect place as we enjoy visits to town and exploring the local stores and shops. The only thing we missed was a long stretch of beach for walking, but the man made infinity pool was as close to a beach as you could get.

Unlike other reviews we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Windel at the pool bar was friendly and efficient. Our room was always made up in a timely manner and the others we encountered at the hotel were professional and friendly. Even the painters who were redoing the hallway walls on our floor were polite and courteous.

We did not eat at the hotel outside of Starbucks in the morning so can't really comment on the food. There were several places to dine just steps away in the Rif Fort. Pizza was good at Sopranos and we had a very nice meal at Steak & Ribs. Tried to dine at the Seaside restaurant but they turned us away because I was wearing flip flops. Oh well...

The Otrabanda and Punda neighborhoods were within walking distance and we found a small grocery called Arti's on the Otrabanda side where we could buy beer, wine and soda and snacks.

Drinking is a bit pricey but we knew that going in. A 12 oz Corona or Presidente at the Reniassance basr was $6.90 and add a buck for a tip and you may as well call it $8.00.

I was glad to find Arti's and we bought 8ounce cans of Amstel by the case.

Rooms gave a small fridge which worked to cool a small supply of beer and soda. There is also a small safe large enough to hold an Ipad and other odds and ends.

We had an ocean view room and it is worth the upgrade. We were on the third floor and while a palm tree blocked a little of our view we still had a nice look at the sea. Others have complained about the cruise ships blocking their view but I didn't think that was so. There was only one cruise ship docked while we were there and I thought it was kind of interesting watching the comings and goings.

I used the casino and found the machines to be tight---not surprised. There are a few table games and I probably should have tried my luck there but didn't. The sign outside the casino says no shorts for men after 7:00 pm, but I wore them every night and it was never an issue. One thing you may want consider is that they keep the casino quite cold so I was glad to have some long sleeve shirts with me.

All in all I would definitely recommend the Renaissance with the caveat that it is not the best place if you are looking for long stretches of beach. Other than that I would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Choose an Ocean View room...high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 24fan
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Spent five days in this hotel with a friend, and loved my stay very much. The hotel is centrally located with some shops and restaurants within a walking distance. Rooms was very nice and clean and there was no noise or any kind of disturbances at all. Quality of sleep was really good.

Breakfast was excellent, although a bit pricey. There is Starbucks inside the building for a less expensive alternative. Moreover,there is a budget car rental inside the hotel, and we booked a tiny car for a little over 50 bucks per day. It could be parked across the street, which was convenient.

The outside pool was a really nice place to hang out with, the weather was sunny and hot, although a quite windy the whole time. I have not much to complain about, this is what a hotel should be. Service was great too, thumbs up!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Timellini
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a year ago and we were very happy that the overall experience is still very good and there have been improvements on details. The rooms are still clean, roomy and everything is in working order. Staff is very friendly and helpful and will indeed do the extra step which gives you the hospitable feeling you like to have in a holiday resort. Location is probably the best of all hotels in Curacao because it is very central with both the city centre and a number of local attractions (including restaurants) within easy walking distance. Yes the beach is somewhat artificial but clean and comfortable and the view on the ships entering and leaving Curacao is simply spectacular. On that subject get a room on the Ocean side (indeed a bit more expensive) since besides the above mentioned view, they are quieter than those on the street side. Also consider to get a room# above (x)18 as it feels that both the air-conditioning and the hot water supply seem to be working better although this might be a coincidence. Food in the hotel is overall very good and the buffet breakfast has everything that one good wish for. Overall therefore good value and definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple