Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
E M City Hotel(Willemstad)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    • Restaurant
    • Breakfast included
    1,917 results
    All reviewsman made beachinfinity beachnautilus restaurantfake beachblue barinterior roomsalt watercruise shipall inclusive packageocean viewfresh water poolfloating bridgeparking garageconference roombusiness centerfourth flooracross the bridge
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in January. The staff was very friendly. Room was immaculate. We overlooked the shops and the Rif fort which was lovely. I wish we could have opened up the big glass door and had fresh air but the door was bolted shut. Hotel lobby very nice but smoky from the casino and the air conditioner was very high. Great feature is free wi-fi in the lobby and in the business areas on each floor. Excellent location--right near the floating bridge and tons of great restaurants. Hotel has its own parking garage which is free and well lit. Whole area is very safe--we were there with young kids and had not one issue. Cruise ship port is right there and typically cruise ship ports are not very nice but this area is great. No one is pushy in the shops. The "beach" on the 2nd floor was nice. Pool water was salt water and was an infinity pool and was warm. Didn't like the HUGE drains all over the pool, though. Conceirge and front desk staff had difficulty reliably making reservations at restaurants for us. We did not eat at the hotel so can't assess food there. Maids were very pleasant and worked hard. Four of us stayed in the room and we had 3 towels. We had to keep asking for a fourth and they kept putting 3 back in the room which was inconvenient. Hair dryer in room worked intermittently. Room had very small fridge and good sized safe. Beds very comfortable. TV was large screen. Bathroom large and extremely clean. Hotel manager was very accommodating and willing to assist with any little issues. Overall we were very happy with our stay there.

Room Tip: AVOID the interior rooms overlooking the dark conference room--no exterior light available. We didn't get ocean view and got the less expensive resort view room instead and it was great as we had a nice view of palm trees, the colorful shops, and the Rif fort.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
    3  Thank SMC88
    Reviewed January 23, 2013

stayed at this hotel jan 6 to 13th 2013 . this was a great location i loved the pool , hotel staff were friendly and the room was cleaned early. would visit this hotel again. get the ocean front room it is great to watch the ships come in.

Room Tip: ocean front only room worth while.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    4  Thank susangray29
    Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed for ten days at this hotel over the New Year. Our booking was at the last moment as we had problems with another hotel. Therefore we could only get a suite at an enormous price.We arrived to find a Las Vegas type atmosphere with a very loud, garish casino open to the the reception area. Quite a shock! We were put into a suite without a balcony next to a side road and were kept awake most of the first night.After complaining we were upgraded into a larger suite with a large balcony overlooking the sea.This was very good but so it should have been for the price especially as we had wasted a night.
    The breakfast after asking was included. The quality was quite good but often had a long wait.Room service food was awful but the restaurant on the beach good.
    The beach which is man made is delightful although rather lacking in beds.
    The position of the hotel is very convenient to walk into the town and restaurants.
    Service was extremely friendly although quite laid back but it is the Carribean !
    Overall we had a great time despite the high cost and problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank dennis_anthony
    Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was pretty excited to go on my honeymoon here, and based on the numerous reviews on the great staff, I had high expectations. I was sorely disappointed. My husband and I did the all inclusive package for our honeymoon. I am glad I waitressed in my teenage years, because I had to be our own waitress on more than one occasion that the buffet. There would be 5-6 waitresses in the corner gabbing away while we sat for 20 minutes without drinks. I would have to go to the waitress station myself to get our drinks.

Also, every employee seems to have a different idea of what is included in the all-inclusive package. Certain people would say that certain brands of beer or alcohol or red bull were not included. Others would not. (Our bill did not charge us for any of these, so drink away!).

Their hotel booklet in the room says the coffee bar opens at 7am....more accurately is whenever they want, usually around 8 am. And the menu there shows mocha latte, caramel latte, vanilla latte. When ordering, they have none of those flavors. So, what do you have, we ask. Black coffee. The infinity bar states they start serving food at 10 am. I go there on our last day before check out to order, and they don't start serving food until 11 am. Which is fine, just don't post one thing and then do another. And every food places is painfully slow. Be prepared to wait about 45 minutes for a burger, and plan out 2-3 hours of your night for dinner.

Finally, the room booklets and website boasted a spa. When we inquired, it has been closed down. Not a huge deal, just wanted to make people aware that they do not have a spa anymore.

So, now the positives. The beds are really comfortable. The bell boy staff are definitely the most friendly and knowledgeable of the staff there. Most of the staff were nice people, just kind of clueless about their jobs and the all-inclusive package. We liked the location of the resort in that we could walk to town to do things and didn't have to pay cab fare. The infinity beach is pretty cool, and we never had trouble finding a tiki hut to sit.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, and preferrably, an ocean view room. The rooms across from our ocean view would face a conference area, with no natural light.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank mrsasch
    Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this lovely hotel for one week. I selected the Renaissance because I had been in Curacao via ship on three prior occasions and always admired the colourful resort and the fabulous infinity pool. The location is perfect and central to the downtown tourist sites, entertainment and shopping areas. Most of the staff was wonderful and readily willing to help. We received some great advice and hints about the island.

Knowing that it was an expensive island for food and drinks, I purchased an all inclusive package for myself and my two adult children. We checked into the hotel and had the package explained to us. I have been to all inclusives throughout the Caribbean and this was considerably different. There was one buffet type restaurant, a bar, the Espresso coffee shop, the pool bar and the sit down Cru restaurant with specified hours for eating. We received a list of what was included and what was not included in our all inclusive. The liquor list was adequate and contained one type of beer. There were no wrist bands. We found out that we would be receiving receipts for everything and that these would require signing each time we selected any food or drink service. I found this stressful and time consuming at first. We sometimes sat in the buffet waiting to sign our bill so that we could move on. These receipts were then turned in to the front desk but we were never charged since we were all inclusive although I did go to the desk to check from time to time. Further, because of the large cost of the meals and charges on these bills, I was confused as to tipping procedure. I noted that there was a 15% service charge already added. I left cash tips rather than add anything else to the bill. The buffet food was fine albeit predictable. We ate at the Cru restaurant on three occasions but since there was only one vegetarian option for my children, it became a bit tiresome.

The salt water infinity pool was more like a beach than a pool. It was particularly nice since there was no concern about wildlife under the water. It was easy to get towels and chairs and the food at the beach bar was great. The staff got to know us and ran a tab rather than make us sign for every food and drink order. We appreciated that. The food choices were most to our taste at this location. Particularly interesting was watching the movement of the massive ships in and out of the bay.

The hotel has a modern gym, Budget car rental and a tour office. There was some entertainment...a band in the lobby, a smokey casino, and a movie theater on the grounds.

We had a great week at the Renaissance. I would return here, knowing now what to expect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family