I stayed for a week in late April 2012, my companion stayed for business and I tagged along for fun. We were originally supposed to stay at the Marriott where a medical conference was taking place, but our reservations were botched. It turns out it worked to our favor as the Renaissance was delightful. We upgraded from a standard room to the Imperial suite for an additional fee per night and I highly recommend it. We had a large separate room fit for entertaining a few friends, which was nice, but the biggest reason to upgrade was the spectacular marble bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub and a lovely rain shower with 6 heads...it was heavenly. The room also came with a large balcony the length of the two rooms. I would recommend a room on the 4th floor- possibly 415-440 because the view of the beach/pool is not obstructed by palm trees.
The first floor is very noisy because of the casino, so a 3rd or 4th floor room is a must. For the first time in my life I got sucked into gambling and spent more time at the blackjack tables than I care to admit. The casino is the best on the island and on the weekends they have a great salsa band. The hotel is located in an old fort; the perfect spot for nightlife, shopping and eating at some of the best restaurants. (Don't miss eating at the Governeur.) There is no beach to walk on because it is very rocky, but they have created a man-made beach with a beautiful infinity pool which was just as good in my opinion.
What made my stay so fantastic was the friendly service I received. I was on a first name basis with a lot of the staff and they went out of their way to ensure my happiness. At the front door you are likely to meet Marvin and Alexis wearing big smiles while they hand you a bottle of water. They were the two nicest people who seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs. I was always happy to see them after a day of diving or running around the island. The front desk staff, Julissa and Angelique were also a pleasure to see every day. They were very helpful!
The hotel is quite new with a modern/eclectic feel. I will definitely be back and hope to see my old friends again. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad