“Reopened, new chef and staff, great food”
Review of Jaipur Restaurant - CLOSED

Jaipur Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Jaipur is nestled around the Eco Pool with waterfall which is located on the grounds of Sandton Hotel Kura Hulanda. Jaipur has officially reopened its gates Dec 1st 2012 featuring traditional Indian cuisine prepared by Chef Ekanath and his team. Our food is a representation of the many and varied regional cuisines of India. Blended in meticulous proportions to create the dishes we present to you. Each dish has its own distinctive flavor and aroma from spices which we prepare daily for each individual dish. Allowing you to experience the true taste of India on Curacao. Our friendly staff accommodates special requests and based on availability we can offer you a private and romantic poolside table for that special occasion. Jaipur opens at 18:00 and is closed on Monday & Tuesday. We look forward to welcoming you in Jaipur soon!
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Jaipur has recently been opened again after being closed a few months, I have to say the new chef has some delightful dishes, excellent somosas, great tasters dish and good tandoori, prices are very reasonable Atmosphere is superb and service very friendly. I do not know how the situation was before it closed down but right now its will provide a delightful night out!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would expect a little bit more about a restaurant inside a prestigious hotel, but again the Kura Hulanda Hotel to me stays below standards.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Nice atmosphere, ok food, kind of pricey compared to better local restaurants. Go to Gingers in Punda instead

1  Thank Edm0nt0n1
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Thursdaynight is so called 'buffet-night'. Supposedly fresh vegetables into the wok.
Fresh at Jaipur means at least half a day old, in short a very poor show with tasteless food, far from Indian.
A no return, unless they know what good cooking means. Definitely not recommendable to anyone.

5  Thank yvonne w
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My husband and I had heard really great things about this restaurant, especially how special the Thursday night buffet was. We made a reservation for 7pm this past Thursday via the Kura Hulanda front desk, and planned our entire day around it.

We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes before 7, and a fairly grumpy waiter showed us to our table, located about 6 feet from the bar. A waitress filled our water glasses, and then we waited for someone to take our drink order. We finally snagged the grumpy waiter - I said I'd like a coke, my husband wanted a glass of wine. He didn't offer us a wine list, instead asking what kind of wine my husband wanted. Five minutes (at least) later, he returns to the table to tell us that kind wasn't available. So we said "what kind *do* you have", and ordered a glass. The waiter was clearly miffed that we were asking him to do anything at all. After 15 minutes and no sign of either the wine or the coke, we left.

The restaurant was *not* crowded, there were maybe 20-24 people in the whole place.

I think the root of the problem was that he was assigned to be the greeter, not a waiter. However, there was only one waitress (the one who filled our water glasses) to cover the entire restaurant, and she never came back to us. Either someone called in sick that night, or the manager wasn't hiring enough staff to cover. In any case, we won't be back. Instead, we headed down to Riff Fort and had a relatively cheap dinner at one of the waterside places. The food was good and the view over the water (even at night) was wonderful.

And BTW, there was a lit citronella candle on every table. The entire place smelled of them, which didn't bother my husband, but it gave me a lousy taste in my mouth.

2  Thank John M