“Great place for divemaster training”
Review of The Dive Bus

and up
Discover Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun, relaxed, safe and professional scuba diving experience in one of the TOP Caribbean shore-diving destinations? Small dive groups led by friendly, experienced PADI dive professionals? You're in the right place! Established in 2005, The Dive Bus is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, the first in Curacao to specialise in shore diving - guided or independent - at the best of Curacao's shore dive sites. So why not take a PADI dive course with us too and get even more out of your diving? From PADI Discover Scuba Dives (Intro Dives) through to professional level PADI Divemaster, our groups are small and friendly to guarantee personal attention and quality service. There's also have a fully stocked dive retail shop on-site and a fridge full of cold beers and sodas to help keep you hydrated! Hope to see you (again!) sooooon :)
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I moved to Curacao in September 2016 and wanted to expand my diving skills and get opportunities for diving more. A friend recommended The Dive Bus, and they suggested that I take their divemaster training. This turned out to be an eye-opening experience. Over a period of almost three months and close to 50 dives, I was exposed to every facet of running a dive shop, from organizing the diving and equipment, to giving informative and fun briefings, explaining the basics of diving to often nervous first-timers, demonstrating skills to students, finding interesting critters to show divers, guiding groups safely during "fun" dives, and on and on. I went from being an experienced diver to being able to help others enjoy the sport just as much as I do, and treating them as valued customers and not just dive buddies. With a combination of tough love, patience, humor, dedication, and unstinting professionalism, Ivana and the other Dive Bus instructors guided me on this journey. To anyone contemplating becoming a divemaster, or just honing their diving skills, I would recommend them without any hesitation. Whichever certification you get from them will be truly earned.

Date of experience: November 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Thank You to the Dive Bus instructor for making the my diving day so nice and calm. Exactly what I wished for. I will definitely dive with You again if I get the chance!

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

We were certified with Mark while on vacation. He was was a class act! I was very nervous before the first dive and he took the time to make sure I was calm and ready before entering the water and fully entertained us while getting in all the required knowledge and experience. I would highly recommend this company!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed March 3, 2017

Loved diving with these girls so much!!! Was exhilarated beyond propulsion to take on the challenge of achieving my DPV certificate with these beautiful women and couldn't stop their. They also held my hand in to the dark water of my first night dive only to guide me to the beautiful sea light. (when all the lights are off and you move your arms you will see the light)

1  Thank GregAlfred