“Outstanding Open Water Certification!”
Review of The Dive Bus

The Dive Bus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun, relaxed, safe and professional scuba diving experience in one of the TOP Caribbean shore-diving destinations? Small dive groups led by friendly, experienced PADI dive professionals? You're in the right place! Established in 2005, The Dive Bus is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, the first in Curacao to specialise in shore diving - guided or independent - at the best of Curacao's shore dive sites. So why not take a PADI dive course with us too and get even more out of your diving? From PADI Discover Scuba Dives (Intro Dives) through to professional level PADI Divemaster, our groups are small and friendly to guarantee personal attention and quality service. There's also have a fully stocked dive retail shop on-site and a fridge full of cold beers and sodas to help keep you hydrated! Hope to see you (again!) sooooon :)
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Open Water Certification!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a wonderful Open Water Certification experience with The Dive Bus this past week; very safe, very thorough, and really fun. My two daughters and I are brand new to SCUBA diving and did our theory and confined water (pool) work near home and then went to Curacao to complete the Open Water certification. I was an anxious new diver and let the Dive Bus know that. (My daughters were fine, it was the old man that was nervous.) The Dive Bus could not have been more patient, accommodating, and safety conscious. They always stressed Safety First, and meant it. Firstly, we had a phenomenal instructor, named Carlos. He is extremely competent, safety conscious, funny and very upbeat which put us all at ease. Secondly, although The Dive Bus offers many dive locations on the island, they do their open water certification at a beach right near the shop which starts out in a very protected shallow cove. From there, when you are ready, you swim out of the cove to a beautiful reef. We saw moray eels, squid, and a lot of fish of course. I initially told Carlos that I did not want to go below 10 meters. He said we will only go as deep as you are comfortable and he never pushed me to go beyond my comfort level, which I really appreciated. We did all of the skills in a very safe and fun fashion always finishing each open water dive with a very beautiful SCUBA tour of the reef. By the last dive, I said to Carlos that I am ready to go to 18 meters AND WE DID! It was a great personal accomplishment made possible by the patient and safe approach of Carlos and the Dive Bus staff (all of which are certified Dive Instructors and all of which are all really great to talk with before and after your dives.) Regarding business, the Dive Bus is very honest and easy to do business with. They tell you right up front in your reservation exactly what the cost will be. At the end, this was exactly what the cost was, no hassles, no surprises, all very easy and comfortable. Bottom line is that you get excellent personalized service and we left feeling that we had one of those great family experiences that we will always remember with great affection. I thank the wonderful staff at the Dive Bus and especially Carlos for a truly outstanding and successful adventure. Happy Diving!

2 Thank Family_W_1234

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive Shop”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I chose The Dive Bus for my wife and two teenage sons to receive their open water certification. I had each of them do eLearning on PADI's website and The Dive Bus was the perfect combination to manage their controlled water and open water training. We had an awesome experience working with our instructor. Very professional and they really took the time to give my family a proper education on diving. We even took our first open water dive after everyone got their certifications with The Dive Bus and it was such a blast. Better than any dive I've been on in the Keys or Hawaii, where I was certified. I highly recommend The Dive Bus.

Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best there is every time”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

It's about time...this is my first Dive Bus review, however we have been there several times starting back in 2006. Mark and Suzy are the best, and we always have a great time and great dives. We would choose no other dive shop around. Eco friendly, fun loving, just all around a great time every time. I don't know what else to say, they're the best!

1 Thank discoxena
Columbus, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Great diving experience while visiting Curacao”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We became open water PADI certified July 2012. Since then, we completed only 13 dives. We live in the US, not near a beach, and dive once or twice a few (usually three) times a year while on vacation.

I easily get motion sick so when we do dive, we most often do a 1-tank dive. I was interested in shore diving in Curacao because no boat ride out to cause motion sickness. :-)

Initially, we were going to dive through Ocean Encounters located at our resort, but saw Dive Bus across the street from the resort when we arrived. We are so glad we chose The Dive Bus.

After talking with Mark, we knew we wanted to dive through Dive Bus. Only being in Curacao for three days because we were splitting our time between Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire, Mark was so accommodating to schedule us for a shore dive in the afternoon after meeting with him in the morning, which was great too because it was my birthday!

Not having been on many dives and diving in so many different locations in Mexico and the Caribbean, we don't feel too comfortable diving yet, esp. being the equipment is always different. We felt more comfortable knowing Dive Bus offers guided shore dives.

Carlos was our guide. He made both of us feel more confident about our diving skills and assured we enjoyed our dive experience. In addition, we enjoyed having a smaller dive group where only four of us went with Carlos (group of five diving). Afterward, Carlos took the time to take pictures with us and complete our dive books. We never felt rushed or that we were like robots going through procedure on a schedule. Instead, there was personalization from the time we arrived until the time we left.

We have said out of all our dives thus far (diving Caribbean and Mexico), St. Lucia was our favorite but Pierbaai (Dive Bus house reef) we would definitely consider our 2nd favorite. So many different types of fish and so many colors and varieties of coral to see. And, so much to see at 45 ft. or more shallow, most of the time we were at 30 ft., which not going too deep made us feel more comfortable again about diving.

Whether you are an experienced diver or a diver like us who enjoy a few dives while on vacation, we highly recommend choosing The Dive Bus.

Lemesos
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“excellent team, great location, amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was impressed by the dive bus from dive no.1...and i did three that day!...they run an excellent operation, excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and very safe dive masters, able to adapt to the groups and -very important- the groups are small and not a platoon going everywhere!!!!....

What i liked most was the just across the street reef full of life and variety of subjects!!! and on the other spots: the tugboat (and pier!) as well as the superior producer are on my top list to do it 30 times more!!!!

An important topic for me to mention is the great cooperation from all of the dive masters (Marc, Marieke, Gareth!) for me to be able to attempt to take good photographs!!! and, while an amateur, i found myself able to be happy after my 9 dives performed with The Dive Bus.

I look forward to return back to Curacao and 100% sure! I will be diving with the Dive Bus!!!! :-)

Visited June 2014