“Delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
old town
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food was fabulous. The interior was a bit dated but reminded me of dining with my grandparents which brought back wonderful memories. We were a large party and had wonderful attention by the owner's son Anton who was attentive and was a wonderful representative for Curacao tourism answering all of our questions. I had the most delicious mushroom and truffle pasta and don't miss out on the stuffed mushrooms. To die for.

• Polish first
San Francisco, California, United States
“Best place on the Island”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This has got to be the best place on the Island. We were at a bachelorette party on the island and were looking for a place for a nice dinner. We went to Trip Advisor to look for a place and the reviews did not lie. I called and made reservations for 9 and told the owner it was a special occasion for the bride to be. He was so sweet and asked me, "what song do I sing for her?"

I asked for the free taxi service and the owner arranged for our transportation both ways. The food was excellent, the wine was great and the ambience was nice. Then, as promised the owner brought out a free tiramisu for the bride to be with two cannon sparkler candles...and then started to sing "Happy ... Bachelorette party to you!" We could see the other customers faces look with confusion, but decided to enjoy the festive song anyway. I joked with the owner to take off his shirt since it was a Bachelorette party, and he unbuttoned the top button of his shirt. What a great sense of humor.

Having dinner on the last night at the wine cellar was probably the best way to end our curaçao trip.

• Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Great Food and Great Service!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to The Wine Cellar just because of the reviews we saw on here. We made a "later" reservation at 9 pm ... and were upset to see that there was only one other couple in the restaurant!!!! It's disheartened us a little ... but that was the only push back.

We ordered a great bottle of sauvignon blanc and ate!!! we ordered the tuna appetizer as well as the scallops. I am not a fan of scallops... but i LOVED these scallops!!!!
For dinner we had the red snapper. Flavorful, but not the best I had on the island.

The DESSERT!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! I was like a kid in a candy store. I grew up in NY and this might've been the best CHEESECAKE i have ever had!!!! Creamy and great crust!!! Delicious pecans and caramel. Oh my I wish I had a slice right now!! We also got the chocolate cake, because, it's chocolate cake! That did not disappoint either. It was so moist ... and not overly sweet. If you come, come for the dessert!!!

Overall a great place! Kudos to being in business for so many years!!! A must go in Curacao!

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dining at it's finest”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Affordable delicious luxury dining. We liked it all. Air conditioned which is not the norm on the island. I had delicious crisp sauvignon blanc with chicken a la king. My husband had the fish of the day with flavors that just exploded in your mouth. My favorite restaurant experience on the island.

Visited September 2012
Antilles
“If you want old fashioned French food from the 70's”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place seems to be popular to conservative people.
Everything is old fashioned from menu to style.
However, Latinos love this place. If you want to indulge in the good old days memory, maybe this is the place for you.
This is just my personal opinion.

Visited July 2012