“Great Food and Great Service!”
Review of The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar
Ranked #2 of 276 Restaurants in Willemstad
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Great Food and Great Service!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to The Wine Cellar just because of the reviews we saw on here. We made a "later" reservation at 9 pm ... and were upset to see that there was only one other couple in the restaurant!!!! It's disheartened us a little ... but that was the only push back.

We ordered a great bottle of sauvignon blanc and ate!!! we ordered the tuna appetizer as well as the scallops. I am not a fan of scallops... but i LOVED these scallops!!!!
For dinner we had the red snapper. Flavorful, but not the best I had on the island.

The DESSERT!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! I was like a kid in a candy store. I grew up in NY and this might've been the best CHEESECAKE i have ever had!!!! Creamy and great crust!!! Delicious pecans and caramel. Oh my I wish I had a slice right now!! We also got the chocolate cake, because, it's chocolate cake! That did not disappoint either. It was so moist ... and not overly sweet. If you come, come for the dessert!!!

Overall a great place! Kudos to being in business for so many years!!! A must go in Curacao!

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dining at it's finest”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Affordable delicious luxury dining. We liked it all. Air conditioned which is not the norm on the island. I had delicious crisp sauvignon blanc with chicken a la king. My husband had the fish of the day with flavors that just exploded in your mouth. My favorite restaurant experience on the island.

Visited September 2012
Antilles
“If you want old fashioned French food from the 70's”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place seems to be popular to conservative people.
Everything is old fashioned from menu to style.
However, Latinos love this place. If you want to indulge in the good old days memory, maybe this is the place for you.
This is just my personal opinion.

Visited July 2012
Posadas
“Excellent for one quiet night”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The meal was excellent as well as the service. When we went there there were few people in so everything was fast and pretty much personal. It is a quiet restaurant where you enjoy the evening a lot, and where you definetely will get great quality food. It is a little confused to get there (although Curacao's road are disorganized). It is not cheap but it is worthy. There is not sea view or anything or the type, it is just a place to go and get great food.

Columbus, Ohio
“Lovely!!! And great food.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We visited the Wine Cellar in Willemstad twice while there this past July. If I hadn't seen it on Trip Advisor, we probably wouldn't have found it, but with directions from the Renaissance, we found our way. There is ample street parking near the restaurant. We were promptly seated on the first visit (with reservations) and our server made wine recommendations. A complimentary petite appetizer was brought to our table along with bread. We ordered the scallop appetizer (AMAZING) and entrees (Fresh catch fish for me and pasta for my husband). While waiting for our meal to come, the owner came out and drank a glass of wine with us and chatted about our visit. The whole experience was delightful. We enjoyed it so much we revisited the Wine Cellar on our last night, and although the restaurant was full, we were quickly accommodated and the owner remembered us. Overall, best restaurant that we visited in Curacao with great food and lovely owners.

• Visited July 2012