“Great view of Willemstad”
Review of La Bahia

La Bahia
Ranked #146 of 293 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

The skinny:

Parking: pay lot next door
Decor: so so
Views: excellent!
Food: very good
Service: spotty

We had the fish burger and fries both were very delicious
We also had the seafood salad though small portion was equally delicious.
Soft drinks served from a can and the I've melts fast!

You can watch the ships coming in and the walking bridge when it opens, very cool

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to eat there as suggested by our resort when we decided to go into town. It is located at the Otrobanda Hotel. You must cross the little bridge from town to get to the restaurant. It has a great view of Punda (Wilemsted). WE had some nice caipirinha drinks, we order a cold seafood salda to start (actually came hot, but it was still very good) The presentation of the dishes were gourmet style. I had the 3 fish dish accompanied with veggies. Very good. My BF had the traditional chicken with peanut sauce with a fried egg on top of a bed of rice with ham & peas. A must try.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We ended up in La Bahia by chance - there is not much to do on the Otrobanda side of Willemstad on a Sunday night. La Bahia seemed like a good upper scale steak place and it was. My wife had a filet mignon and it was juicy and delicious. I opted for the Dutch Caribbean specialty Keshi Jena, which is a dish that combines the best of the Caribbean and Holland: spicy chicken and cheese. La Bahia's version is probably the best I've had with very spicy chicken melted in good Gouda. The view from La Bahia is great onto the UNESCO protected Punda side of WIllemstad over the water. The only disadvantage of La Bahia is that the portions are a little small, and they're a little expensive. After dinner, you can walk across the Emma pontoon bridge or go down into the Casino of the hotel that La Bahia is in.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The best part of La Bahia is the view and the Kenshi Yena (Not sure on spelling). The drinks were good as well. The service however is very much on island time and many times you would see servers standing around while we were awaiting drinks, the check, etc. It does have a beautiful view across the water and building facades. If you don't mind sitting and enjoying the view, the service is tolerable.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went for dinner on a Mondaynight, only 5 tables busy. Were seated with a good view. Cocktail was good. My friend ordered a fish platter and found it a bit dry; I ordered chicken cordon blue which was tasty. No mushroomsauce available, so went for bluecheese, which did not come with my order. After requesting it, I got a very vinegar tasting substance and told the waitress this was not blue cheese...she took it to the kitchen and never heard anything about it anymore.
Would certainly never go there again!

1  Thank Hollandexpat