“Great Dinner!”

Cru
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited CRU on the third night of our trip after finally venturing over to the city and Rif Fort. We made a reservation (not sure if you actually need one) for 6:30p. When we came in, there was not one other diner there. They do only open at 6p and it seems like other people eat later so I'm sure this was why. Our server was amazing and very friendly. She even gave us other restaurant recommendations! My fiance and I both had steaks (this is a steakhouse) and they were both phenomenal! It also looked like they had a wide array of wines (we don't drink) so this may be a good place for someone who is looking to try some different types of wine. Overall, we had a great experience and a delicious dinner! Can't wait to come back to Curacao again!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant is one of the very few dining options available with the all-inclusive package from the Renaissance Resort Hotel & Casino. The available menu options on this all-inclusive menu are not as plentiful as the restaurant's standard menu, and the wait staff was no more than average as well. The beverages are very small, which requires you to order more frequently, and the food was average as well.
We had dinner at this establishment once, and decided to order room service, which is not included in the package, instead of opting for a meal from Cru again during our stay. I would not recommend this restaurant based on our opinion of the food, wait staff, and limited all-inclusive options.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nicely decorated and a great steak dinner. Also had a good wine selection. Service good. Would recommend for a ecial evening out.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Up-scale restaurant in the finest mall of Willenstaad. Excellent and affordable wine list, friendly attention, perfect wine service and one of the few estrablishments in the island where things weren´t lazy and careless.

It is not the kind of place to go if you wanna an authentic local cousine experience. It is international food with a huge emphasis on steak and wine harmonization (the decor thema is wine as well) and the place is warm with tables/seats pretty comfortable.

1  Thank GUSDALI
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Fortunately I didn't see all the negative TripAdvisor reviews before I went, otherwise I wouldn't have tried this restaurant. My hotel had a menu from Cru that looked promising so I had them book a reservation for me. The location isn't great, it's near the Renaissance Casino, but the restaurant itself is lovely and looks like an establishment for folks who know their wine.

In the wine world, "cru" means growth, and perhaps this restaurant has gone through a period of growth and that's why it's so much better than the past reviews. I had great service while I was there. When I asked the server to call my taxi at the end of the meal so I could go back to my hotel, someone returned with him to say unfortunately they couldn't call from the restaurant but I could go to the Renaissance Casino and they would make the call for me. Before I could react, this person said she would do it for me and went down to the casino to make the call. She returned shortly to tell me when the taxi would arrive. Definitely above and beyond.

I had the lamb chop appetizer, rib eye entree and key lime pie. The meats were very well seasoned, though perhaps a hair under-done. The rib eye came with this interesting spicy mashed carrot concotion that was not what I expected. I like hot food so I found that I kept returning to that side dish more than I'd have thought on sight. The key lime pie was kind of a deconstructed merengue in a flat ramekin. The topping was overly sweet and unfortunately had some green sauce drizzled on top. After I scraped that away and ate just the "key lime" part of the dish, it was fine.

I will definitely return to this restaurant on my next trip to the country.