“Fantastic . . . must do !!”
Review of Bounty Adventures

Romantic Sunset Sail in Curacao
$49.00*
Discover Curaçao Island Tour
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great boat trip. My kids loved it. Good food after a swim with the turtles. GREAT
My wife walked around the island. I stayed in the clear bleu water with the kids. They loved it !!

Nice crew. great day. A must do trip !!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Like others have mentioned, the sail out to Klein Curacao was quite choppy. If you're desire is for a relaxing, tranquil sail, be advised -- it's not only choppy, but you are almost guaranteed to get splashed (if not soaked) on the ride out. Where your swimsuit and prepare for adventure! There was a tropical depression in progress when our group went out, so more than a few people got sick on the boat. I'm not at all prone to sea sickness, but even I felt it. The crew was very gracious and accommodating and tried to take care of everyone who wasn't feeling well. It was also clear that the safety of the passengers was a high priority for the crew. They were very warm and helpful and appeared to genuinely enjoy their jobs. Upon arriving, you can either swim or take a dingy to the shore. The crew will take your backpack/supplies on the dingy if you prefer to swim. You can also grab snorkel equipment on the boat to take with you. Do bring water shoes -- 1) there is no avoiding the rockiness just before the shoreline, and 2) you will need them if you wish to explore the island and see the lighthouse or ship wrecks. Bring plenty of sunscreen, apply liberally and often -- even if you think you are incapable of burning! I'm naturally tan and have only burned a handful of times in my life. I applied sunscreen twice while I was out there and 9 days later, I'm still suffering the aftermath of a severe burn. The island is breathtaking. We went on a day that Mermaid Tours was not operating, and we really felt like we had the island to ourselves. If it is overcast when you arrive, it will likely clear up by afternoon. We did some snorkeling but unfortunately saw no turtles, although others on our tour did. Lunch is served on the boat (again, you can take the dingy or swim), and the bar opens at that time. It's not really a party atmosphere, but you are encouraged to drink to your heart's content. The food is quite good. Although the pasta salad, cole slaw, and rice were nothing to write home about, the grilled chicken, pork, and ribs were fantastic. So was the captain's famous peanut sauce! The afternoon goes quickly, so I recommend wandering around the island upon first arrival and spending the rest of your time enjoying the beach and water. When it's time to set sail back, arrive back to the boat early to get a spot where you can lay out on the deck. This was the most relaxing part of the sail; much more calm than the trip out. We had a great time and would definitely recommend this to adventurers looking for a fun and relaxing way to spend the day. Klein is also said to have one of the nicest beaches in all of Curacao.

1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I actually thought I had booked the day trip to Klein Curacao but some how only booked the half day trip. Never the less, our half day sail and snorkel was one of the best snorkeling trips I've ever been on. The cruise was awesome and really took care to make sure we enjoyed our selves. Unfortunately, I had injuried my ankle the day and the crew was very helpful to me getting in and out of the water. We had a bbq lunch and stopped off at two spots to snorkel. The first had several tropical fish and the second spot was a sunken ship wreck. I though this stop was really interested and couldn't get enough of it as I had never seen anything like that so close up. I would love to do this trip again. It's well worth the money spent.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our half day snorkel, sail, and BBQ was a very nice trip. Once we arrived at the catamaran, we were serviced professionally. We had a brief safety talk, toured the inner harbor and got to see some of the beautiful beach houses. After that, we motored out to our first snorkel sight. I am an open water diver and my wife is a novice snorkeler. Their equipment was very good and they assisted the novices with fit and function. There were two crew members (one had a life ring with them) in the water with the customers at all times. The 3rd member was look out for the customers and watched for other craft that might not see us. After the first site, we motored to the second site due to lack of wind. We did not get to see the tug due to the jelly fish at that site. (several of us got stung already at the first site by some of the tiny string type) They took us into a different area that in my opinion was really interesting. We had some larger fish investigate us and swim off. There were a lot of colorful fish around the reef. My wife did very well with the crew's instructions and got to the point that she enjoyed the experience.
After the second stop, we were served a buffet of salads, chicken, ribs, and a delicious peanut sauce. There was unlimited alcohol, but the group we sailed with practiced social moderation.
Overall, we had a great time.
Our only complaint was the transportation to pick us up at the port. We were on a cruise and we waited outside the port gate in the sun for 45 minutes. We had no phone or internet access to communicate with Bounty. We asked every taxi that pulled up if they were here to pick up for Bounty Adventures and were told no, don't worry, they will be here, they are always late. We had actually given up and went back to the information booth to get a map to walk around town. As we were on our way back to the street, I saw a taxi with people in it pull up and a driver looking around. I asked they were there to pick up for B/A and she said yes. No apology, just checked us off her list.
If not for the transportation issue, B/A would have scored an Excellent.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm all about a great catamaran tour and I'm all about a great lighthouse (being a photographer), but add a ship wreck (or two) and that's just icing on the cake!!! It's a 90 minute tour to Klein Curacao where you'll visit an island complete with lighthouse and not one but two shipwrecks. Bounty Adventures is the best way to experience this day of fun. The crew on this catamaran are fun and knowledgeable (most of them knowing at least 3+ languages). Breakfast and lunch are served and are absolutely delicious! Then the open bar happens and you just can't go wrong with the sun, a boat ride and an open bar.

Once on the island you'll enjoy the lighthouse, shipwrecks, snorkeling, the many different hues of blue that the ocean delivers, and relaxation. You'll have the luxury of spending a few hours here. On the return home, the catamaran starts at a very slow pace, I'm guessing so the guests can gain their sea water legs. Then the boat resumes its normal speed to get us back. But the trip home is always quicker than the trip out, it seems.

We met many fun people and now have a most enjoyable memory of the day, thanks to Bounty Adventures, the Jonalisa Jo and her crew.

1  Thank AliBug