“Relaxing Day on Klein Curacao, Bus Transfer and Bathroom Facilities Need Work”
Review of Bounty Adventures

Klein Curaçao Adventure Day Trip
Boston, Massachusetts
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Relaxing Day on Klein Curacao, Bus Transfer and Bathroom Facilities Need Work”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked this full day snorkel and sail cruise through Yellow Tours in the Marriott lobby. We ended up purchasing the bus transfers despite reading negative reviews on here. We were scheduled to be picked up at 6:30 am. Sure enough, 6:30 came and went, no bus. After 20 minutes I went to the reception desk and began to ask about it, but the man laughed and said the bus is never on time. It pulled up shortly thereafter. It is pretty annoying to hear this is a regular occurence since we certainly could've used the extra sleep. We stopped at several other hotels en route to the dock. Upon arrival, you stand in a line to pay the balance of the trip and receive your boarding pass. The Jonalisa To pulled up to the dock around 8 and we were served "breakfast" and given our initial safety briefing. Breakfast consisted of a hamburger bun with either a slice of cheese or a slice of ham on it. Many people took two and they quickly ran out.

On the ride out (nearly 2 hours), the catamaran motors against the tide and it is quite rough. I had read this and wore a sea-sickness patch to be safe. Several people spent the ride over leaning over the back of the boat...so take something if you are bothered by waves at all. If you sit outside, chances are you will get wet so everyone stored their belongings and towels inside. Some people were walking around, but you had to hold on to something as the ship was rocking quite violently at times. There are seats on the inside and outside. You can also sit on the roof for the trip out.

Upon arrival at Klein Curacao, you pick up your snorkel gear and are given the option to swim to shore or boat over in a zodiac (for those that swim, the crew will boat your belongings to shore so they stay dry). The zodiac brings you close to the beach, but it is still a wet landing and the shore is covered with coral which can be rough on the feet. I wish I had remembered to wear water shoes to protect my feet. There are several huts on the beach that are open to everyone that provide a bit of shade. The rest of the island is all in direct sunlight. Bounty does not have any "permanent" set up on the island - so there is an area off limits that belongs to Mermaid that includes a picnic hut and restroom facilities. We snorkeled a bit and were able to see turtles and a few fish, but overall the snorkeling was not that impressive. There just wasn't that much to see most of the time.

At 12:30, they serve lunch back on the boat. You can either swim to the boat or wait for the zodiac. Lunch is rice, pasta salad, tuna salad, BBQ, and bread. It was pretty tasty and there seemed to be plenty to go around. There is a bathroom on the boat, but it was absolutely disgusting by lunch time. There is no way I was going to expose myself to that. As Mermaid has the only on island bathroom facilities, this is your only option if you must unfortunately.

After lunch, you go back to Klein Curacao until 2:30. There is a lighthouse and some shipwrecks to see, but they are on the other end of the island from where Bounty drops you off. Neither are in very good condition anymore.

On the way back, they open up the sails and sail for as long as possible. During the trip back they open up the netting on the front of the catamaran which is surprisingly comfortable to lay on, but be sure to claim a spot quickly as this fills up fast. They play music and the crew brings around fresh fruit. It takes nearly 2 hours to get back as well. The bus was waiting for us when we returned and it drops guests off in reverse order of pick up.

Overall, it was a very relaxing day, but be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen! Even with multiple applications, we were getting red by the end of the day. If I did it again I would wear water shoes to protect my feet during landing and wading into the water. I might be tempted to try Mermaid for the facilities on land, but the sailing portion of Bounty was a wonderful and relaxing end to the day.

Visited August 2013

Simi Valley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Trip to Klein Curacao by catamaran”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Bounty Adventure catamaran was stable and very fast while motoring to Klein Curacao. The day we went, the water was pretty flat and mellow, so we got there quickly. We even saw some dolphins on the way. Once there, we were sure to use plenty of sunblock because the sun was already intense at 9 AM. The snorkeling was amazing; we saw turtles, a huge moray eel and a puffer fish. The coral closest to the point was healthiest and held most life. The crew were very helpful and made sure everyone was comfortable with enough drinks and gear. Lunch was grilled ribs and chicken, and the captain made an interesting peanut sauce that tasted great on everything. When we sailed home, the wind was not really strong enough to push the boat, but we went at a relaxing pace. Finally the captain just started the engines and just motored the rest of the way into the harbor. We had a ton of fun with Bounty and we highly recommend going out with them during your stay on Curacao.

Baker, WV
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“sun set cruise”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When I booked this cruise for my wife on our honeymoon I thought it seemed a little to good to be true. I mean it was cheap and the offered BBQ snacks and open bar? So when we got on the boat with 2-3 hours till sunset i was questioning it still. The crew was amazing they really made our group feel welcomed. The so called snacks might have been one of the best tasting meals we had while in Curacao. Then the open bar was great, the sunset toast with bubbly was great. The views they show you of the rich people houses and the sun going down are amazing! Loved the price, service, and food. I would take this again with them, and i recomend all that visit Curacao do this as well.

2 Thank Eric M
Brooklyn, New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The highlight of the trip”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was an awesome trip. I took half day tour with Bounty Adventures. The Dutch crew offered a great view of some fancy mansions located among quite Caribbean inlets. Then, they took us to a two great snorkeling spots where they took the guests to a guided snorkeling tour. The crew also served a very tasty lunch. I felt like Neptune underwater and a king on the catamaran. Thank you.

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Snorkling curacao sites tugboat and underwater trails including under huge piers”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The best ever in my 58 years. Crew fantastic. Great snorkel sites. Lunch deli sous and drinks great. Jeffrey was a favorite of our friend Nahran. We liked the entire crew. Do the half day trip. Pick up at hotel at 9 am n return at 3:30 pm best value. Yummy fun in water,drinks, food nd friends