“Better than excellent!!!”

and up
Discover Diving in Curacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our vision IF YOU'RE ABLE TO BREATHE, YOU'RE ABLE TO DIVE! Did you always wanted to dive but never tried, this is your chance. Do an introduction dive with us and if it's satisfying this is your first step to certification. CURious2DIVE is affiliated to 4 different organizations, SDI, WOSD, IAHD and PADI. We provide all courses through those organizations from Open water to Dive-master. Through the IAHD we are specialized to dive with people with a handicap. But allready certified and want to be guided over the reef, we know the best spots. In a relaxed environment with all the possible patience we make you're underwater adventure or your snorkling trip an unforgettable experience.
Knoxville, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Better than excellent!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just as we say a picture can't do it justice, well I just can't say enough good about our dive trip with Hans Pleij @ CURious2DIVE in Curacao. He deserves your business and will earn it in every way while you are there.
I found him on Cruise Critic and here on TripAdvisor while planning our port days for a recent Carnival cruise. I sent him an email inquiry for my 17 year old son who had never been diving or snorkeling and myself with some experience and he replied back that day. He even made arrangements to pick us up at the port and made arrangements for 2 non divers to go with us. My wife and my 7 year old daughter who went swimming where we went diving. It meant a lot to us to make this a family event as my son is graduating in a couple months and has already enlisted in the army.
We were late getting off the ship due to windy docking and he waited for us without a problem. Carnival ports in Curacao from 2-10 pm and most places won't do diving for beginners late in the day. But his work ethic is work while the work is there.
From the time we met I felt like I was dealing with a friend. He is so down to earth, laid back and friendly. As he says he has turned a hobby (diving) into a business. Very thorough and professional and safety minded. He tolerated and interacted so well with my wife and daughter and they weren't the ones diving.
The class part took just the right amount of time. He is so entertaining it doesn't feel like class. The "check offs" done before the dive were perfect. The dive was amazing and we felt so safe with Hans. He even brought my daughter stuff back from the dive. The dive went by so quick but we were under water for almost an hour.
My son has not stopped talking about the diving and how awesome it was. You know how hard it is to impress teenagers these days. I can't wait to take this cruise again and take my daughter on her 1st beginner dive with Hans. He even spent time with my wife and told her how to get over her claustrophobia and not being able to dive or snorkel.
If you ever thought about a beginner dive please do and certainly go with Hans. You won't regret it.
Oh and his facility is amazing.

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for the more than excellent review. It's a pity the rating goes only to excellent. Answering emails is almost the most important task. You have an answer and you want a reply. So for us it's easy to send you the reply, a.s.a.p.
To impress a teenager is a different task, but I think everybody that goes under water the first time is impressed.
We just do what we like and do it as safe as possible with a lot of joy.

• Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Dive Operation in Curacao”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just got back from our cruise and used Hans with Curious2Dive and he was FANTASTIC!!! He has already sent us the underwater pictures he took on our dive. On our second dive he brought his lionfish stuff and let my husband try to kill a lionfish - AND my husband got one - which Hans got a picture of. His operation is top-notch. He is on-time when picking us up, he did not rush us at all, he allowed us to dive by air, he pointed out all kinds of things that we would have missed (like baby fish and these things that look like spiders). He is very professional and knowledgeable and is very detailed on the dive briefing. I will recommend him to anyone who wants a great dive experience in Curacao.

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review, that thing looking like a spider is an Arrow-crab. Nice animal that will clean your nails if you keep your finger still with him. Diving is relaxing, and that starts with a pick up on time and an easy transport. We'll take our time for the preparing and everything that has something to do with the dive.
Alamo, California
“GREAT TIME”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We did our research to dive in the island of Curacao. We had a fantastic time with the best dive operation around. It was wonderful diving with no stress. Hans was most accommodating to us. So as we always do dive with the BEST.
Julie Croll USA

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review, and with the conclusion of this review I rest my case.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hans is "the fish" of Curaçao.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hans is excellent. He will be your personal guide through your diving experience. He was raised on Curaçao and is doing what he loves; diving. He is an island ranger, knows the water, reefs and aquatic environment. The equipment is excellent and he is very safe. His rates are very reasonable and he picks you up at the hotel!
I highly recommend Hans and his guide service. Gene Corbett.

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Something fishy going on................ NOP it's Gene and Hans. They accuse me of having gills. I just breathe very efficient. I just do what I love to do and I think I'm lucky, because not everybody can make his hobby into his profession. Therefore I thank my customers.
Curacao
“Perfect surroundings, excellent instructor; thanks Hans!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

After looking for a dive shop for a short while, I decided to go to the shop closest to my accomodation, this was Curious 2 Dive near Jan Thiel. After meeting Hans I felt at home right away, an easygoing and very friendly and professional dive instructor and fine guy.

Hans told me some of the local dive spots nearby and I signed in for the first dive, the Tug boat also famous for its snorkling opportunities. Since it was over 1,5 year ago since my last dive, Hans advised we should repeat some basic exercises, just to be more comfortable again with diving; an excellent choice that made me feel relaxed and safe for the dive.

Because of the low season (mid-march) I had the privilege of Hans being my private guide for this dive, and the next dive there was only one other diver with us.
The first dive was really nice and we spent over an hour under water, saw loads of different things. The second dive we spend more time at a lower depth visiting the wall at Directors Bay, also really beautifull spot.

If you want to dive in Curacaco, visit Hans @ Curious 2 Dive! A perfect experience and value for money. thanks again Hans

curious2dive, Owner at CURious2DIVE, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review, and refreshing is common part of our safe diving program. It makes the customer more comfortable and we know what to expect in the water.
And you had the luck of private diving, but because we take only small groups out the people experience it as private diving.