“It might just be me...”

Dining options: Reservations
Curacao
“It might just be me...”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants. The chef is a great chef with a huge personality and an obvious love for food, wine and lovely atmosphere. Unfortunately it seems exceptionally quiet these days and the level of service has declined a little. The food still tastes great but there is very little atmosphere and I have, em, had negative physical reactions each of the last 4 times that I've eaten there. As I say above, it could be me but 4 times in a row! (This doesn't happen anywhere else.)

All in all, I can't recommend that you go there but I would love it if more people did as the place needs to liven up a bit so that the menu can be reinvigorated and it can regain the lovely small but lively vibe that it used to have. Personally, however, it will be a long time before I go back!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank PhlashPhlash

Cary, North Carolina
“Still the best Italian on Curaçao”
Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

Dined at Pane e Vino last night and still #1 for gourmet Italian. Complaints about being expensive are unfounded. The menu prices are in ANG, which just makes it appear expensive. $1 = ANG 1.7, so dinner for two with shared appetizer, wine, and shared dessert was $102.

Oakville, Canada
“Fabulous from beginning to end”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The ravioli al tartufo was to die for, carpaccio was amazing and as a previous reviewer wrote, don't skip dessert! I would highly recommend this restaurant, you won't be disappointed. It's a small, cozy restaurant so make sure you have a reservation first or you could be out of luck.

Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
“Wonderful food & ambiance. Don't skip desert!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

What a nice and special place. This is a really small restaurant, but very cozy. Once you step into it, you feel like stepping into a different world. the place has an upscale feel. I had lunch there with a business contact and the food was simply superb. I had a homemade pasta with a Gorgonzola sauce and the most wonderful sliced piece of steak to the side. The deserts are also very nice, had a Panna Cotta with mixed berries and I can really recommend it to everyone. I have seen comments about the place being to the expensive side, but if I compare quality and price, I didn't find it over the top.

Willemstad, Curacao
“Very Good Food - A bit overpriced”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Had dinner with a group of 8. Place was small but nice. Service is good not excellent but good. Cannot talk about the wine because I do not drink. The food is very good to excellent. I tasted almost everything that came to the table (messing around on everybody's plate) and all was very good to excellent. Appetizers were very good. Tuna Carpaccio, Shrimps, Coquilles(scallops), beef carpaccio all good choices.
The main dishes the fish dishes were the best. The lobster was very good and the saltimboca was good too.
The only Con is actually the price. It is in my opinion a bit overpriced. Not that this spoiled the evening because I knew beforehand that this was the case.
All by all this restaurant is an excellent choice and I would certainly return.
ps. The temperature inside was OK not cold as mentioned in some other reviews.