“Highly recommended”

WannaBike
Ranked #25 of 163 Outdoor Activities in Curacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A WannaBike mountain bike tour is a real ‘Go Local’ experience. You ride through the untouched nature, enjoy the beautiful vistas and in the meantime learn about the rich history of the island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 7, 2014

Did the Jan Thiel tour. I was the only English person in an all Dutch group, but considering they could all speak better English than I could, it presented no problem. The tour is fun and informative, seeing some lovely nature and and historical sites that you would probably never find without a guide. Although I had a hire car I chose to be collected at my hotel as I thought I would never find the meeting point for the tour.
Great service and super friendly staff make this a "must do" tour for all MTB riders.

1  Thank cjasher
"riders"
in 8 reviews
"route"

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

We had the Caracasbay and Jan Thiel tour today and it was really good.
The Wannabike guides were very friendly, entertaining and shared a lot of information.
We can highly recommend the Wannabike tour for everyone that likes to be more active than sitting at the pool/beach all day!

1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were in Curacao for a few days on a business boondoggle and wanted to get out and spend some time away from the pool and beach.
Ellemeike was quick to respond to my inquiry and put together a tour on the Tuesday afternoon for my wife and I, including transportation from our hotel. Although we brought our own cycling gear (shoes, helmets, Camelbacks, and jerseys) WannaBike was prepared with everything we could have needed.
Guides Frank and Bert did a terrific job taking us through some unique and challenging cycling paths near the Spanish Water and Jan Theil areas. We experienced the salt lagoons, saw Flamingos, and were keen to hear interesting history of the area from Bert and Frank at various stops along the way.
Ellemeike was too kind and went out of her way to organize for us to purchase a WannaBike kit as a souvenir of our trip.
I highly recommend WannaBike if your trip to Curacao should include some adventure. Ask for Bert and Frank and expect a Fun tour!

3  Thank tjdog800
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Though I felt a little stiff in the shoulders the day after the ride I absolutely loved it - even the wayward mud route that Bik (?) took me on - lol! Will definitely recommend your company to friends who come to visit Curacao - and next time I’ll make sure I bring my cycling gear with me!

The pace was perfect considering the heat and the local info relayed along the way was interesting. I felt like I got to know Caracas Bay in a totally different way than when I did the Curacao Island Bus tour.

Considering I was the only girl with 4 guys I appreciated that there were no derogatory "girl slowing us down" remarks and if anything felt supported and encouraged.

My only criticism would be that the water bottles be fresh, new bottles for each guest ie. bottled water. The "nurse" in me was put off by the recycled cycling water bottles that have been used by who knows how many other people and I couldn't help wondering how sanitized they were. Additionally, customer service would be improved by having extra cycling gloves and perhaps small backpacks to use during the ride for those guests that did not have the foresight to book ahead of time and bring their cycling gear with them.

1  Thank Shelley W