Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Substation Curacao tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews safety briefing bucket list tico pilot overview bryan depth info adventure dive fun
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did the 90-minute Explorers Dive with Tico as our submariner. It was an awesome experience. Almost surreal. All the people at Substation Curacao (including Bruce and Jordy) were fantastic, friendly, and fun. Tico did a great job, giving us first an overview of the submersible, then guided us getting in. He was a able to answer al of our questions, and made this a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We had a wonderful time. What was a bit difficult to get used to was how the huge glass bubble in front made the fish and other creatures look quite a bit smaller than their actual sizes. I finally was able to understand the true sizes after spotting a used tire from a boat that made its way to the reef wall.

Reviewed October 8, 2018
Review of: Explorers Dive

I can't recommend this enough. We've been going to Curacao for the last 4 years and were looking for something new. Honestly, this is not something that I would ever seek out, but after reading the stellar reviews, I had to try it. My wife wasn't keen on the idea at all. My son (12 years old) was at least curious. The whole experience was top notch. You're briefed on the Sub and the process beforehand. Tiko was our pilot and was exceptionally knowledgeable of every detail we saw. Stunningly beautiful. That day (Late December) had really strong currents. Tiko handled it like the professional that he is. At times, I almost felt like I was in a Lunar Module hovering over the surface of the Moon. Really great stuff. We got down over 600 feet!! We all had a blast!

Reviewed September 30, 2018
Review of: Explorers Dive

the crew is knowledgeable and patient and awesome.special thanks to Barbara and Tiko for making us feel comfortable,answering all our questions and more,and for the tour and pictures and tshirt. the tour itself took around s 2,5 hours under the sea exploring sponges,corals,fish,wrecks,eel etc etc. well worth the money and very safe and professional.there were checks every 15 minutes on air pressure,oxygen level,depth we were at,and so on.highly recommend this to anyone on the fence. We went about 800 feet down the ocean and was awesome.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

We had a special request that took some real original thinking and the team at Substation was there to help. Not only were they on time and reliable but they did an excellent job. You can't go wrong with this group!

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This was the most unique unbelievable experience I’ve ever had. I was nervous at first but after the safety briefing I felt less nervous. Being 1000 feet under the sea was amazing. My pilot Barbara was informative and made me feel relaxed. All of the staff was wonderful and they even take pictures. I highly recommend checking this out.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Sweet ride, I totally recommended, I went with my little sister and we had a great time.
It was something different and we felt totally safe down there.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

What a great time !!! Bruce, Tiko and the gang are great to talk to and give you a wonderful experience.

If you haven’t done a sub dive...DO IT. Great time

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Super fun way to see tons of sea life at all different levels (100, 300, and 550 ft). Barbara and all the staff at Substation we’re really cool and made the trip a breeze! Seemed pricey at first but it’s a once in a lifetime experience and with all the little extras and the fact they work with researchers on their dives makes it totally worth it! If you’re not sure, definitely do it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough about our wonderful adventure aboard the Curasub. From our arrival at Substation to our departure 3 hours later ... This was a top notch experience. Our maximum depth was 581 feet beneath the ocean ... to a different world of marine life and topography. From the safety briefing and the professional conduct of all the staff, we were at total ease, which only made our adventure more relaxed and enjoyable. Our pilot Tico and co-pilot Bryan were constant sources of information about everything we encountered below the surface.
Thank-you all for the ride of our lives ... and we hope to join you again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

This was the highlight of our trip! A must do for all adventurers. We felt like we were deep sea explorers. This was an adventure of a lifetime!! Our guide and pilot of the sub Tico, was very knowledgeable and informative of all the aquatic life and coral formations. My husband who is an engineer was in awe of the design and craftsmanship of this vessel. Can’t say enough about how magnificent this adventure was.

1  Thank aivlysttiwed