“It was okay”

and up
Curacao Island and Sea Aquarium Tour
Ranked #18 of 147 things to do in Curacao
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Curacao was one of the ports we stopped at on our cruise. The town of Curacao wasn't that great in itself and we had heard that Mambo Beach was a definite place to see. The taxi ride wasn't bad, it was 15 dollars for four people to ride there from downtown. The only thing that sucked was that you had to pay to get in! Definitely not worth paying to get in. There is a huge rock barrier pretty far our that circles the shore. So you have plenty of room to safely swim and snorkel. We saw alot of pretty fish and crabs out by the rocks, but that was it.

1  Thank Ashlee B
There are newer reviews for Mambo Beach

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The beach is very expensive. I had to pay at the entrance...

I also had to pay to use a roof and chairs and use the pool ($ 9 per person!!!)

I paid $ 4 for a bottle of water

Attention was bad, the bartender was grumpy and bathrooms were closed for maintenance

3  Thank Steigleder
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I didn't like this beach as the water was green I think because the breakwater does not allow the water to flow properly. it is really crowded with chairs right up to the water. We were only there for a few hours from a ship but I was disappointed. I would definitely not like to be staying at a resort and this was the beach to go everyday - yuck!

1  Thank Karen5056
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Bored with the beach at Jan Thiel, we tried Seaquarium Beach for a change. First, they charge you $5/person just to get in. Then, $3 each to sit on some run-down sun chairs.
The chairs are packed in like sardines, so there's only about 5 feet of actual beach. The beach itself is a small water area protected by an artificial break water.
On the day we went, they happened to be emptying the septic system with a huge truck, which was loud and smelly, and they were also doing construction with constant jack hammering! Even without those two unfortunate incidents, I'd say save your money and skip this one.

4  Thank Erinlyn78
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This beach gets really crowded. There are so many beach chairs that belong to the hotels that you can barely see the sand. The beach is really dirty and noisy. I would not recommend to go there.