“Currying favor”

Ranked #294 of 393 Restaurants in Curacao
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2013

When it comes to curry, I'm very picky. So many cultures offer their version of this very Indian dish that one can easily become confused. For me, the clear winner in this battle of the curries has always been the Indian variety made in the country of Guyana, South America. That's why I was salivating with anticipation when I found Guyanese curry as a menu item featured prominently as one of the many eclectic offerings at Fusions. I was not disappointed. Fusions's Guyanese curry tasted just as I remembered it from my childhood--creamy in texture like the Thai version but without the overpowering coconut milk taste; spicy but not aggressive enough to offend a Western palette. The dish came with roti (an Indian tortilla) that had a scrumptious buttery aftertaste. The only negative note was that you had to order fried plantain and fluffy white rice separately. Come on Fusions; don't you know that curry must be served with rice? Some might find it a bit pricey, but it was well worth it. Also on the positive side, I had left my iPad on the seat next to me and was half way home before I missed it. The waitress had my iPad waiting for me when I returned in a panic. Great curry and an honest staff. You can't ask for much more.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a variety of food...all of them tasted good... presentation and service could use some improvement...but I would definately recommend the place if you are in the vicinity of Salinja...great Indian food!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fusions is centrally located in Salinja Galleries in Curacao. Great place for casual dining and so many yummy menu items to choose from. Nice that it's in a small mall.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

hii for my first visit to fusions i noticed that this was a very gay friendly restaurant but for the rest that is the only thing i liked about the restuarant super slow service many key items out and when you come out your clothes will smell like you were eating cigarettes i would not recomend it to my felow friends in the states but if your gay you will surely feel at home their with the gay waitress and manager

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Tonight I decided to come and try out Fusions in Saliña. Within walking distance from my apartment and in a safe walking distance. It has a nice Applebee's kind of feeling to it. The menu is quite fun with a little bit of everything. And the one person that made me enjoy my meal was Rakesh.
Not even the manager wanted to get up when I walked in the restaurant to help me because there was no host available. First let down.
This was a true case of third time's the charm. After being "helped" by 2 waitresses, I finally was helped by Rakesh. A true customer service person. He was very attentive. The food could've been bad, but with Rakesh as your waiter, it would be a great evening nonetheless.