“First time eating Ostrich”
Review of Zambezi

Zambezi
Ranked #262 of 359 Restaurants in Curacao
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
kyle
“First time eating Ostrich”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We did the tour before having dinner in the restaurant. The tour was fun and informative and we learned quite a bit about ostrich's. We then had dinner in the restaurant on site which offered ostrich as one of the meals. I had been told about the ostrich burger and was looking forward to trying one. I was informed that the burgers are on the lunch menu but she would check with the chef to see if they could prepare one for me. They did and I had my first ostrich burger. It was good,nothing spectacular but it was good none the less. My wife had the ostrich steak which was so tender and juicy. Like all things and restaurants on the island, it was a bit pricey but you are paying for the experience. Thats the way I looked at all things that we did on our stay. It was worth it for me to experience things I had never had the chance to.

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New ostrich eater”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Beautiful setting. The staff friendly but not intrusive, typical island style. The food amazing! I had never had ostrich before and I had no idea it was so tender! Great steak!
We had a lovely dinner there and will return if time permits.

• Visited May 2013
“breezy eats”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's impossible not to enjoy a meal here.!!the surroundings are magical, as tropical as it gets.
The menu is basic but the ostrichmeat is worth a try.
No breakfast available which is sad considering the ostrich eggs available on this ostrich farm !!

• Visited April 2013
Nuremberg, Germany
“Back to Africa”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We did the ostrich tour before having lunch at the restaurant. The food was good, but a little pricey and even though they weren't very full the service wasn't great. Still for me personally, coming from Africa it was a nice enough experience and something a little different in Curacao. Best to check the bill as we also had a small discrepancy. The milk tart as dessert was fab as were the Ceres fruit juices!

• Visited June 2012
“Back to Africa”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

At the North/East side of the island, just before St.Joris Bay, you'll find the Ostrich Farm and Zambezi Restaurant. Great African Safari setting, with camp fire and sculptures to top it off. Delicious (local/fresh) ostrich steaks of all flavors. Also try the Boerwors (sausage) and biltong (jerk meat of ostrich). Obviously they serve SA wines!

Visited December 2012