“Mostly great but overpriced”
Review of Bistro Le Clochard - CLOSED

Bistro Le Clochard
Cuisines: French, Swiss, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Appetizers other than the soup are way overpriced. Our entrees and soups were very good. Service was great but slow, three hours for dinner. Sitting outside was cool because of seeing the large fish but uncool due to overspray. A must do while in Curacao if you have lots of time and money

There are newer reviews for Bistro Le Clochard

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were fortunate to have the dining room to ourselves, and everything was superb. Service, food, atmosphere and ambiance. A little on the pricey side, but worth it for a special occasion like this. We will definitely return the next time we're in Curacao. Allen Beck

Reviewed June 25, 2014

As with our trip in 2011, we returned to Bistro Le Clochard for our final supper on the island (a burgeoning tradition). We enjoyed our celebratory Champagne (a delayed celebration of my wife’s birthday) and sitting outside enjoying the warm breeze and the views of Willemstad. Our appetizers were delicious, and I especially enjoyed the foie gras. My wife had the 200g lobster tail and I had the snapper. Both were good, but overcooked. My risotto was delicious, and I wish I had more of it on the plate. For dessert, we shared chocolate three ways and they brought out a sparkler and the staff sang “Happy Birthday” to my wife. It was tastefully done and we enjoyed it. I recommend a reservation, especially if you want to sit outside. By the time we left, every table outside was full.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Location is great just by the water and close to Punda. Had a great meal and good wine list.
Great for a romantic dinner

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This Bistro can be found outside Rif Fort and is a short walk along the waterfront from either the Free Ferry across St. Anna Bay or the Queen Emma Floating Pontoon Bridge.

If weather is okay then opt to sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the view.

You will find the food and service are top notch and more importantly very tasty and well presented. As to costs well one gets no free meal tickets in life so this is a tad more expensive than many places but you do end up getting what you paid for and more.