“Service isn't their business.”

Zanzibar Beach & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Curacao
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located at the eastern part of the island, at Jan Thiel Beach, you can find the charming Zanzibar Beach & Restaurant. As the name implies, the bar and the restaurant radiate warmth and coziness of East Africa. Zanzibar Beach & Restaurant is open every day of the week from 8:00AM till at least 11:00PM for breakfast, lunch and dinner. During the whole day, enjoy a good cup of coffee or cappuccino, a cool smoothie, a refreshing beer, a soda, cocktail or delicious mixed drink. Rent a comfortable beach bed or a lounge bed and enjoy a relaxing day on the beach. If you would like to escape the heat of the sun, our beach offers shade under one of the many palm trees. Toilets and showers are available.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I guess when you are in these resort areas you have a captive clientel. It sure seemed like it with the service. We ate their twice, but weren't in the rooms. We were first for breakfast one morning and had to wait for seemed like an hour for our food. Then we had hamburgers one afternoon. Large servings of good burgers (should be at $20 each.) But the service?? OK one person brings you the menu, another brings you your drinks, another your food, another your bill. Probably another to clean the table after you left. This organization made me hunt for our silverware and call, track down somebody so we could pay. Curacao..big city...Bonaire.. smail town...Go to Bonnaire.. cheaper, better..everything closer...not so much driving.

There are newer reviews for Zanzibar Beach & Restaurant

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We ate at the Zanzibar twice while in Curazao. The food was great, loved the Mahi Mahi. The view of the ocean was perfect and the staff was super friendly. A lovely spot to have a glass of wine and a great meal.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had dinner here one night with my wife and 5 month old. It was good. Service was a little slow but OK. Food was also OK. Nothing spectacular. We also had the pizza here a couple times during our stay. That was great. Stone oven baked and made fresh with lots of toppings. Stick with the pizza and beverages and you'll be OK.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hd lunch here, the kids chicken nuggets are like the frozen ones you get out of the box and I am not talking Perdue brand, more like the store brand. My burger was good and a little overdone, waitress didn't even ask how I wanted I dne so as she walked away I told her medium to medium rare.oh we'll I didn't feel like waiting and complaining so I just ate what was put in front of me. Service was on the Better side, if you are on Jan Thiel I would try the other restaurants there as they are higher end, and obviously a lot more costly than this place as well. Good bargain considering the location.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good food, decent prices. And one is served quickly an d attentively. Zanzibar is part of the "Culinary Beach" at Jan Thiel: one phone nr. and email address for Zanzibar, Tinto and Zest. Zanzibar is the oldest of the three, a place for everyone: large beach bar, happy hour on Saturdays, live music on some nights. Uncomplicated lunch and dinner or for a quick bite after a swim. That's what it is, and they are doing it well.