“Good, but not great”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Texas
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Just returned from Curacao and we ate at Kasbanini.

Ordered the catch of the day (snapper) with creole sauce. The fish was fresh and only served whole, so you have to be ok eating around the bones. The creole sauce was absolutely amazing, but the dish included very little of it. I could have eaten a whole bowl of the sauce! So, overall, it was ok, but the fish alone needed more seasoning.

We also ordered the garlic shrimp. The shrimp were smothered in a creamy garlic sauce ( we did not expect it to be creamy, so were disappointed). Overall, it was ok, but not great.

I ordered a mojito, but they did not serve mojitos. I don't know if they just didn't offer them on the day I was there, or if they don't offer them at all. Regardless, I was disappointed with no mojitos.

So, I'd say this place is average. I wouldn't particularly recommend it or not recommend it.

• Visited May 2011

Raleigh, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I ordered a seafood platter for broiled fish, shrimp and scallops that was to be served "grautinized." I didn't really know what this meant so I suppose that was my first mistake. It wasn't good. Thank goodness there was a large serving of fries to go along with it or I would have been hungry. The prices are also way too high for the atmosphere and type of food on the menu, I suspect because its located in tourist-laden Rif Fort.

Indianapolis
“OK if want seafood at convenient time”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Located on shore of Curacao with great view. Seafood was good but rest of meal was plain and merely adequate. Good for casual dinner.