Blau Varadero Hotel
$188
$174
HotelsClick
7,225 results
All reviewspiano barthe palma real restaurantfishinternational restaurantplenty of sunbedspizzastring quartetocean viewmain bara la carte restaurantsgreat holidaylunch buffettowel artsun loungersthomas cookopen top busper week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just returned from Cuba and the Blau Varadero hotel, after 10 days at the hotel, we had a really
relaxing time we arrived at the hotel early so we could not check in until 4.00.but the reception
told us come back about 3.00 and our room may be ready which it was.
We were given a room on the 6th floor which was very good clean with a view over the front of the hotel , this was fine until the rain came in,after the 2nd thunder storm but to be fair we were moved to the 8th floor over looking the pool as soon as we reported the problem to general manager.
This manager was very easy to find he was all over the place and always ready to listen and help
in any way and nothing was to much trouble this also was the same with all the staff we came in touch with from waiters to bar staff and cleaners, now for the hotel in general plenty of room
to sit and have a drink either by the pool or in the very large bar area, also if you need to sit quite
there was the piano bar. where when we were there a 6yr old Chinese girl played the piano
while the resident pianist watched while the young lady played 2 pieces without music.
Now for the food a very varied choice at all meals something for everyone at each meal,
not the best food in the world but by far not the worst, unless like one person complained
there was no hot chips for breakfast you cannot please all the people all the time but this hotel did try. The two a la carte restaurants were 1st class with excellent service as good as any where in the UK. So to finish if you choose this hotel for a holiday any do not loose sight of where you are this is good value for the money, and a General Manager that looks after his hotel
with pride and a staff of which he can be proud .
PS one half of the pool maybe closed but do not be put off as one part is open and there is also the nice beach with a bar for food and drink and lots of sun beds and sun shades
I hope this helps if you are going in the near future.

Room Tip: go for the 6th floor or above the lifts are not as bad as some people make out
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vivian d
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Varadero is my most favourite place to travel and so I vacation here every year. The people in Varadero are the nicest and safest to be around. I've been to 6 different resorts other than the Blau and will only stay at 4*, 4*+ and 5* resorts. I must say other than the small things such as a broken lamp shade and the electronic outlets in my room, it has been my absolute favourite resort. 7 of my friends (age range 24-34) and I stayed at the Blau from 10.27.2013 - 11.03.2013. The food is better than any other resort I've been to in Varadero and the staff is amazing. Not a day went by that our needs were not met and they always made sure a table was ready for our group every single meal. From the rooms, bars, pool to the beach, we loved every bit of this resort. The entertainment staff was very interactive and the resort was clean and operated in a professional manner. The A La Cartes were so yummy and the decor was perfect. I was so happy that Halloween was celebrated at the hotel. It was very festive and the costumes were great. Thank you so much for the Birthday cake that day as well. We would like to thank Blau for an amazing experience and I'm sure you will definitely see us again. Alberto, Yasser, Yolanda and Edwardo, thank you so much for giving us a fantastic vacation. Blau is very lucky to have you a part of their team! Please don’t ever leave! lol. Thank you Blau for running a professional and prestige resort. See you soon!
Lots of love from your friends,
- The loud but super fun and hilarious group from Canada (Toronto, Mississauga) (5 girls, 3 guys) <3-
BLAUUUUU BABY BLAUUUUUUUUUUU!

Room Tip: Try and book a room on the sixth floor and no higher as the lifts are rather slow and the main floor is the the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Mary_Beeeee2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I will always remember the warm and friendly staff at the Blau Varadero. From the staff at the front desk, to the restaurant staff to all the other pool, beach and garden, they all made me feel most welcome. Food, service and atmosphere in the two A la Carte restaurants was excellent. Good variety at the buffet restaurant. Room was kept spotless and my over all impression was of a very well run establishment. Management appeared to be everywhere, ensuring guests were well taken care of. I hope to be back some day.

Room Tip: ocean and pool view. Rooms starting in the 30's. I had 1132 right in the middle.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Peter R
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was the first time for us to travel to Cuba and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Everybody on the staff were very friendly. I had read the reviews before travelling and it is obvious that the management had taken on board previous comments about the lifts because benches are provided on each floor at the lifts so waiting was not a problem. Any time you met any of the staff they would always smile and say hello but they were not obtrusive. The Iady mixing the fruit smoothies every morning was always happy and pleased to see the guests as were all the staff in the restaraunt. I must congratulate everyone involved in running such a happy and efficient hotel.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms overlook the sea on the other side of the penninsula and watching the occasional traffic is interesting with all the different types of vehicles passing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Beth G
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the Blau for 11 nights following 3 nights in Havana. Our room on arrival (5th floor)was not ready so after waiting about 15mins we were given a room on the 12th floor which was amazing having both pool and sea views. Huge super king sized bed. Fridge with 1bottle water 2 cola and 2beers per day. We didn't really have an issue with the lifts yes they are slow but come eventually! Food wise there was a lot of choice, however cold food was warm, hot food was warm, lots of birds and flies around and despite being careful both had tummy upsets for 4days. Cocktails were ok but we'd been spoilt in Havana at sloppy Joes and Floridian bars! Grounds of the hotel are well maintained. Plenty of sun beds. Beach amazing. Overall had an amazing holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floor with pool view gives sea view too.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple