“Overall pretty Great”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blau Marina Varadero Resort
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this resort in April a couple years ago. It was amazing. The staff was nice on arrival and very helpful. Food was blah, but everyone knows that you are not going for the food at a Cuban resort. There was roughly 40 of us for my sisters wedding. Only one issue, we rented a catamaran for just our group. We had local friends there and asked if they could come. However, Cubans are not allowed on boats for personal use, they are only allowed on them if they work on one. So we asked the resort if our friends could enjoy the pool at the resort while we were on the catamaran. They agreed but we had to pay a small fee. We paid and the minute we left the resort they kicked our friends out. We were livid, they did reimburse the money but that does not excuse the treatment our local friends endured. Other than that incident the resort and staff were excellent. Staff very helpful and always smiling. I would gladly go back and I will.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jodi B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,434)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a fantastic lobby, lobby bar and wonderful staff, from our first arrival to the friendliest helpful front desk staff who made check in a breeze, gave us pointers about the resort and where to store our luggage until our room was ready to the best open air comfy lobby we totally felt relaxed. I can't say enough about the staff here, they remembered us, what we like to drink and always smiling, even the golf cart drivers would make room or if they couldn't would come right back for us, our housekeeper kept our room immaculate and fully stocked with clean towels. The resort itself is beautiful we hung out in the activity pool though there were two other pools as well. My only complaint is that the activity team was non existent and only showed up one day to do the pool activities and I didn't think the shows were that good compared to other resorts. They do have a lighthouse restaurant that serves great pizza and snacks, the main buffet always had lots of choices and different choices every night. There is also a restaurant by the pool which serves lovely chicken breast and a mini buffet for lunch, which included frenchfries, salads, burgers etc, lots of choices even for the pickiest of eaters. We never made it to the alacartes as we were only there for 4 nights and were satisfied with the main buffet. One hint though make sure you wear flats or use the golf cart as this resort is really spread ou, it is also really far from town but they have a small market daily with lots of goodies to buy. Though we did tip with pesos we found the staff here would have given great service even if you didn't, nobody was telling us sad stories of their relatives or asking for our leftover toiletries which was nice, kinda reminded me of when I first started going to all inclusives. The reason I gave it a four was because of the entertainment, food, choice of drinks, beach, the beautiful soft sand and clean resort and staff I would give it a ten out of five

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank irishincanada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff at the Blau marina was great. Friendly faces and always ready to help. I travelled with my young children and one of them has a peanut allergy. In terms of food there wasn't a peanut to be seen. There were no traces of (Mani) in anything, not even the deserts. The restaurants were fine and it was clean. The buffet was in an air conditioned area and service was quick. Staff was ready to make special requests with no hesitation.
The animation staff was really great, they were proactive to keep us all busy at the beach and in the evening. The kids (7 and 10) enjoyed the game room and made new friends from all over Europe. ( Germany, Italy France and even Russia) There were catamarins on the beach and fun volley ball games..Exercise in the sea and dance classes..
The rooms were very ordinary, I switched rooms twice ( Block 14) to finally settle in Block 10 3rd floor. The only room that didn't have a moldy smell, and that the bed posts didn't have rotting wood. ( Rooms are run down and old)
The medical staff was great, 1 word of advice, Bring mosquito repellant !!
Thankyou you to Dr. Rolland, ( Animation staff) Alexandro and Chicco and the guy that looks like Blade who kept my boys busy....
The hotel is out of the way the last one in the hotel zone, ask for a room overlooking the pool area, there is construction on the other side. The lobby and dinning areas are nice, there are 3 polls the second one is pretty nice and a little more quite. The beach is beautiful and you are 30 minutes from Down town Varadero..

Room Tip: Around the pool, ask for 3rd floor preferable, to avoid the moldy smell.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

best value. food was good . staff real nice and they work hard to make your stay a good one big place great for wake after eating. Beach was great. take the bus to Varadero it is great good price on things you want mailed post cards there at the desk from the Blau Marina 6 of them none have showen up yet O WELL .went to Havana by car that was a good thing. got taken to all the places we wanted to go to. real good to see it be for it changes with golden arches all over. heard things about Cuba be for leaving you make it what you want to make it and it was a nice place to visit

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DEN227
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wonderful family joined us to renew are vows what a wonderful time we had . The staff was wonderful and amazing to be around .Thank you Blau Marina for making are day so special we love it. The Jacobson family. ps love you Pedro from all the girls

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura J
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all, I've been to Varadero many times in good hotels such as Blau Varadero, Iberostar Varadero, Sirenis la Salina (you can check my other reviews), Blau Marina Varadero is the best value in what I've experienced in this getaway so far. In fact, the resort itself has an incredible spot as long as 2km of beach.
I've been surprised with the food, good variety every day with planty of fruits and vegetables. I was so happy with buffet that I didn't want to try à la carte. All drinks I tried were excellent.
Rooms are pretty, comfortable with hot water with blocks near to the beach.
Animation team is not agressive at us and they know how to have us being part of the game. I think about the girl (sorry I don't know her name) at the pool with dance lesson....we had a real blast!
DON'T MISS MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW......AMAZING!!!
The big part of the good atmosphere, of course, is the great staff. These guys work hard and always smiling, welcoming and helping. Thanks to ALL OF YOU, you made my vacations a real joy!
Let's meet again in my next vacations as Blau Marina Varadero is now my second home in the sun!

Room Tip: Ask for block 12, near the beach, pool and main building too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Exilia418
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a good time at Blau Marina Varadero. The service level and food might not be excellent but it has a great stuff that are really kind, helpful and ready to do everything for you.
The beach was clean and amazing with lots of room. Every day there is dancing and exercise session. The animation staff " Pedro" and" joy" are so much fun and they keep you active.
The buffet was always varied and always something for everyone. The buffet staff are absolutely fantastic ! Eliannis is a one of them. She was so kind and nice and ready to do everything for you.
We enjoyed the Italian restaurant.
Special thanks for the resident manager " Raul Ariza" for his supportive management and he helped us for the late check-out .

We look forward to return to the Blau Marina Varadero.

Ali & Noushin

Room Tip: Since most not ocean view rooms are facing to swimming pool you can save by not selecting the ocean...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family