“Travel with Alejandro!!”

Cuban Trip Compass - Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 47 Tours in Varadero
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It has taken me a long time to write this trip advisor review as all the comments I read about Alejandro are so true that it's hard to say something new!
Alejandro was a great tour guide who ended up a wonderful friend after only 2 days. His excellent English and knowledge of Cuban history kept my niece & I thoroughly entertained. We came away with a much better knowledge of Cuba and it's people. Alejandro took us wherever we needed to go (which is not possible on a bus tour); provided insights into Old Havana and gave us a customized tour for our limited time there. I really appreciated his interpreting skills and humor.
We have to book him again so we can go on the complete Havana and Matanzas tours. His enthusiasm were contagious and we loved everything (including the restaurant he took us to)!
We most definitely recommend you take a tour with Alejandro Ricardo!! EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY!

2  Thank Nancy N

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Putting this as simply as I can, Alejandro "tells it like it is". If you want to get the tourist version then take the tour companies sanitised coach tours. If you want to see Cuba as it really is, then Alejandro is your man.
My wife and I wanted to visit Santa Clara, without the need to trundle round anywhere else as was the case with all the other excursions. Alejandro came up with the goods, an excursion custom built for us. His English is excellent and he answered all our questions superbly (even the contentious ones !). Nothing is too much trouble and, as a non Spanish speaker, his interpreter skills were invaluable. We travelled through backstreets and villages, all the while with Alex explaining and pointing out things that we would otherwise have missed.
Thoroughly recommended all round. Thanks Alex !

2  Thank Nick H
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of touring for 3 days with Alejandro Ricardo and have to say, after travelling to many countries in the world, he is one of the best tour guides/friend we have ever experienced. He is fluent in English and very open to share what life is like in Cuba. His knowledge of the history of Cuba is truly amazing!
My husband and I rented a full size Audi while in Holland a few years back and drove with 3 other family members to Switzerland. I was "assigned" the center back seat. While on our tour last week with Alejandro, going from Varadero to Havana, I again was "assigned" the center back seat in his taxi. The ride from Varadero to Havana was WAY more comfortable in Alejandro's car than the backseat of the Audi!!!!!! So, looks might be deceiving, but it's what's inside that really counts!!!!!!

While touring on the various days with Alejandro, he gave us a true insight into the life, history, politics and social system of Cuba in a very educated manner. We came away with an appreciation for the people of Cuba and their country. We shared so many stories, experiences and laughs we have all had in our lives and came away with memories and a true friendship with Alejandro that, I know, will last forever!!!!!

If you are looking to book a tour while on vacation in Cuba, you can't go wrong by booking with Alejandro Ricardo!!!!!!!

2  Thank Rufus001061
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect when we booked our taxi tour from Varadero to Havanna. We expected someone to pull up in a fancy car and take us to a few sites, explain a scripted version of the history of each and to advise us on a few places to see. Upon meeting Alejandro, with his warm smile and kind humble deameanor we felt safe. As we were driven to Havanna, Alejandro laid the grounds for a very educational discussion on what it is like to live in Cuba. He shared the history, the politics, the social system and how each is perceived by outsiders. While answering all of our questions in a diplomatic way with impeccable English, Alejandro made the time fly. We felt so educated on the country's ways and we hadn't even made it to Havanna yet. Alejandro not only took us to the main tourist attractions but to other unique spots and explained the historical significance of each in a very educated unbiased manner. While touring, he gave us true insight into the world of Cuba. He strived to quench our thirst for knowledge of the country and our wishes to see as much as possible in one day. We shared many stories and many laughs as though we had been through something together. Alejandro delivered so much more than we expected and made our tour experience a memory that we will always cherish. Beyond the amazing resort, ocean scenery, beautiful beaches, this tour with Alejandro was the highlight if our vacation. If you want to squeeze in the most education, most history and most sites out of your taxi tour, book with Alejandro as you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank towedatsandos
Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a great joy and pleasure it was to have taken two tours with Alejandro on October 16th and 18th, 2013 while on vacation to Varadero. He brought to life the interesting and historical sites of Varadero, nearby Matanzas City where he lives and Havana. He is a proud, well educated, decent, extremely polite, warm, respectable and well spoken Cuban who took time to show us the best of these wonderful cities. The trips with Alejandro were the highlight of our vacation and would do it again. We were treated to meeting his lovely wife and visited his favourite place in Matanzas, his parent's home. They were so warm, kind, welcoming and friendly towards us.

I encourage anyone who prefers a personal, fun, informative and exciting tour to choose Alejandro. I know I will each time I visit Varadero and Matanzas. As a true gentleman he would always open and close the car doors for us. He certainly goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and well informed. Alejandro is thoroughly knowledgeable about local, regional and national Cuban history.

With Alejandro you are getting tremendous value for your money. His youthful vitality, energy and genuine smile makes you know that you are in good hands. Hands of a friend who wants you to bubble forth with the same happiness he has for his home and native land. Thank you very much Alejandro for your time and expertise. Keep up the great work.

6  Thank Michael M