Hotel Melia Marina Varadero
$222
$189
TripAdvisor
3,783 results
All reviewsmarina viewlevel restaurantdon ernestolatin restauranta la carte restaurantsmarina bareuropean planstudio apartmentpizza manwashing machinelevel guestspool sidefishthe general managerall inclusive packagesnack barpool restaurant
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room, hotel and view were excellent. The food was lacking fruits and salad choices. Not much of a variety when it comes to the buffets, it needs more variety. The a la carte were excellent service and food. It took a long time for the server to come back with the drinks that were ordered. Also, a bit disappointed that there was no toilet paper at times in the washrooms by the pool and the bath towels were not that great and did not look fresh enough.
Otherwise, this resort is beautiful and we had a very nice and big balcony facing the marina.

Room Tip: Rooms facing marina are indeed a beautiful view and you can also see the entertainment from the balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 279Anna1
Gildas_Renaux, Director General at Hotel Melia Marina Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear “279Anna1” from Toronto (Canada) it is always good to know that our customers left our resort with such a good feeling of their stay at the Meliá Marina Varadero and I thank you for sharing your comments with our readers on Trip Advisor.
I took good note of the lack of toilet paper in one of our public bathroom and I can ensure you that this should not happen again.
Concerning the buffet and as a lot of repeat guest in Cuba know, we do work on the island only with local products almost, so salads and other similar products are seasonal.
On another end I am happy to see that you enjoyed our “a la carte” restaurants.
Thank you for concluding your comments as follow; “Otherwise, this resort is beautiful and we had a very nice and big balcony facing the marina” and I hope to welcome you again soon to our hotel.
Warmest regards from the friendly island of Cuba.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great vacation,the hotel has a great design every room has a beautiful either the pool or the marina.the staff is amassing the guy at the beach restaurant can remember is name was the best he said is last name was badori like the canadian humoriste .The room are really nice,the food could be better but was good,Hector the sale rep very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rejeanne M

Dear «Rejeanne M » from Tracadie-Sheila (Canada), thank you so much for your short but “straight to the point” comments on Trip advisor concerning your stay at the Meliá Marina Varadero.
I am so glad to see that you truly enjoyed your holidays with us and that you particularly enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as our beach and pool facilities and the friendliness of our staff.
We hope to see you back to our resort and meantime I send you my warmest regards form the sunny island of Cuba.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My friends had a hard time believing I was in Cuba from the pictures and amazing time I had at this resort. This is the sign of things to come for Veradero. Two more hotels are coming to the Marina along with a "Crusie Ship Terminal" . Nine bars incuding a beautiful Cigar bar , with a fully stocked store/humidor. Prices of Cigars were far cheaper than at Casa de Habanos in Veradero . The theme restaurants were a great place to dress up and enjoy great service. Level 7 VIP is the way to go , though the entire hotel is practically brand new. Forget the aging hotels and complaints. They even spray the grounds for mosquito larva in the middle of the night.
The General manager will find and greet all guests with all your inquiries.

Room Tip: Rooms Face the pool for quiet sleep, Rent poolside cabana ( $20 cuc)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iVegasDuke
Gildas_Renaux, Director General at Hotel Melia Marina Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear «VegasDuke » from Las Vegas (U.S.A), wow !!! What a nice feedback on your stay at the Meliá Marina Varadero.
I am glad to see that you truly enjoyed or hotel and facilities and I thank you for reporting and sharing your comments on Trip advisor.
It is so good to receive such an enthusiastic feedback form our guests.
What you have seen around the marina under construction will be in fact part of our resort and this is not an additional hotel.
Thank you for highlighting THE QUALITY OF OUR RESTAURNATS as well as the good service we do provide our “The Level” floor which is the equivalent of a first class personalized service in a plane.
We hope to see you soon back to our resort and I send you my warmest regards from the sunny island of Cuba.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent a week at Melia Marina from 13 to 20 April. The hotel grounds are very clean and the employees attentive and helpful. My family of 4 was very satisfied with the room, the beach and the night entertainment.

Our room overlooked the entertainment area and it offered a great view. However, if you have little kids or old people who need to sleep early, it is better to get a room overlooking the pool. The room was clean and everything in it worked fine. It was cleaned everyday and the amenities were replenished.

The food was good in comparison to other Cuban resorts we have stayed in, and tasted good. However, we had to wait in line for around 15 minutes to get an omelet, fish or chicken/beef cooked on the griddle. Most of the time, only half of the stations' griddle or less was used and the line gets longer and longer. Definitely, the employees need some training on cooking chicken as I had to return it twice because if was still raw inside. We also had to wait on at least 4 occasions as the buffet was full. We tried the beach and the pool restaurant and they were both reasonable.

We have also tried the Asian and we did not like much their formula. They bring you a bit of everything in the menu to taste but we found the taste just OK. The Latino was better and we enjoyed our evening there. The service was awesome.

The drinks are very good at the lobby bar or the bar in the entertainment area. The people who made our drinks rock: They worked hard, were attentive and kept a smile. they were lovely!

The beach was nice and the water was warm! No problem finding a lounge even when we came late. The entertainment in the beach was very limited and I played volleyball once which was not much fun as the court was not level and needs more sand. We walked or used the shuttle to the beach and the shuttle was always available.

The entertainment was really nice and we have enjoyed the Magic show, the Retro night and the Michael Jackson show. However, we regretted going to beach party. The music/songs were bad, based on my standards. I was with my 14 years old daughter and she was encouraged to go to the party by the organizers like many other families. However, we found out very fast that it was not for us since for some reason, the songs they chose while we were there contained obscene lyrics and we left!

The marina is a clean and beautiful resort with amazing staff geared towards customer satisfaction. we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: choose a room on the 5th floor as you hear less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Edmundo111
Gildas_Renaux, Director General at Hotel Melia Marina Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear “Edmundo111” from Toronto (Canada), I thank you very much for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I can see that your stay was a pleasant one and that you particularly enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as the friendliness of the staff and the food in general.
Thank you also for mentioning the quality of our night shows, especially the show of Michael Jackson as well as the beauty of our beach.
We hope to see you soon back at the Meliá Marina Varadero.
Warmest regards form the sunny island of Cuba.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was my second visit to Varadero and one of several stays at all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. My mother and I stayed at the Melia Marina April 12 – 19 (she’s in her early 60s I’m in my early 30s).

Room: Our room was on the lobby level with a pool view. Having a room on the lobby level was fantastic as it was really convenient to get to the various amenities. The room was clean, modern and well appointed.

Food: The food here is pretty good for a Cuban resort (but typical all-inclusive hotel quality). The buffet had pretty much the same food every day, but there is something for everyone. At lunch and dinner there are a few cook-to-order stations that included seafood, meat and pasta. All are quite good but you can expect a queue at all of them at any given time – not ideal, but the fresh food was worth the wait. For lunch, we ended up eating at the beach restaurant since we spent our days at the beach. Restaurant is a la carte and similar food to the buffet. All of the restaurants have an option to buy a lobster tail for 20CUCs. The lobster was well worth the 20 CUCs – it was massive and delicious (so much so we had it for three lunches). The speciality restaurants are good, better than the buffet (we ate a the Latin and French ones) and you get two reservations for a 7 day stay (but I'd guess if you had an upgraded room, which we didn't, you'd get more).

Beach: Perfect! It's a very short walk across the street (<5 mins) or if you're lazy you can take the shuttle that runs regularly all day. There are always available loungers at the beach, but you need to be there before 10am to get a sun hut (which I think is excellent considering that I’ve been to resorts where you need to get to the beach by 7-8am to get a good spot).

Entertainment: We didn’t participate in any of the daytime activities (but there were some through out the day). We did watch the dog show because we love dogs :) The evening entertainment was decent – the evening shows were held outside on the marina side (which was a great venue) and there was a different show every night.

Some cons:
- It was difficult getting new beach towels - the towel stand is replenished throughout the day, but if you don’t get there within 30 minutes of the delivery of clean towels then you were out of luck. We’d usually wait in the morning (it opens at ~9) to ensure we got a fresh towel.
- The restaurants often didn’t have napkins and instead provided what looked like toilet paper. Not sure if this is on-going thing or if they happened to run out of supplies on those days.
- There aren’t large trees or much foliage on the resort (which is expected is because it’s new), but I’d personally rather have a new resort vs. mature foliage.
- Buffet coffee is terrible and from one of those multi-purpose drink machines (but all the other restaurants and bars have real espresso makers, so go there instead).

Overall:
The hotel is fabulous - clean and modern - will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elly_627

Dear “Elly_627” from Toronto (Canada), what’s a pleasure to read your beautiful comments on Trip advisor concerning your stay at the Meliá Marina Varadero.
Thank you so much for highlighting the QUALITY OF OUR FOOD IN BOTH, A LA CARTE AND BUFFET RESTAURANTS as well as the friendly attitude of our employees.
I am glad to see that you and your mother had a very good stay during your holidays in our resort.
I took good note of your constructive comments. You are right, for a few days, there were not paper napkins on the island which may happen sometimes.
Concerning the coffee quality on the buffet and as you mentioned we do use in this very busy outlet automatic coffee dispenser while everywhere else we have the traditional espresso coffee machine which explains the difference between the buffet and the others outlets.
Thank you so much for your conclusion: “The hotel is fabulous - clean and modern - will definitely go back!” which will definitely encourage us to continue working hard on our services.
We will be waiting for your venue and I send you my warmest regards from Vardero.