“My 4 time here!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Varadero
“My 4 time here!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really love this place. Since they opened I have been there 4 times and never disappointed. I highly recommend to eat ¨La paella¨, for 18 cuc 2 people can have dinner and a bottle of wine is included. This dish mix sea food combination with meats. The overall atmosphere is very nice and the service has been always excellent!!!.
Keep your delicious food and service up!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BenyHouse

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent food, location, staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great spot, slightly off the beaten path, about four blocks off main street. Limited seating available inside. They have a number of tables on patio. Go early or make reservations. Distance was a nice walk to main street after dinner. Very friendly staff, receptive, ensured our every want was addressed. Very clean / spotless location. Food - nice selection, well prepared, good quantity, very tasty. Better than most restaurants in Ontario. Had an appetizer and main course - could hardly finish the meal. Good selection for drinks. Well priced. Drinks, two appetizers, two dinners - $37cuc. Would recommend to anyone in Varadero, well worth the trip. Not a bar scene, a couples dinner location.

1 Thank Luke V
Regina, Canada
“Great addition to the Varadero dining scene”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We're regular visitors to Varadero and enjoy dining out here and in all our travels. The addition of paladars to the choices in Varadero has a been a great development and Varadero 60 definitely didn't disappoint.

We shared the fondue appetizer, which was excellent. I had the tournedos de cerdo, which were pork tenderloin wrapped in a smoked bacon and served with grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes and a small salad. Everything was tasty, fresh and well-prepared, except the salad which seemed to be mostly canned vegetables and cabbage. My fiance went for the stroganoff. It wasn't stroganoff as I know it (with a sour cream based sauce), but it was a tasty pork stew with peppers. We each had a couple of cocktails (they make a great sangria and habana especial) and the bill was $45CUC. A little pricier than some other Varadero choices, but the quality was also quite a bit better. Sadly, we were too full of pork and cheese to sample the desserts or the specialty coffees our attentive waitress recommended.

Service was great overall, attentive but not cloying. The location is quite, with pleasant outdoor seating and a well-appointed indoor dining room as well. I would recommend reservations.

We will definitely be back on our next visit to Cuba.

• Visited February 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
“One of the better Paladars in Varadero”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is one of the better ones. I would recommend reservations as it has become very popular. A little more pricey than some of the paladars but still very reasonable. Very good service and atmosphere. I would recommend any seafood dish on the menu as they do seafood very well here. They also have steak on the menu with various sauces, it is ok and sometimes great, just depends what country the beef comes from (lots of times it is from Canada). If I am going out for beef in Varadero it is usually the Barbacoa, this place is a close second. They also serve pasta which looks really good but haven't tried it yet, one day I will just can't get away from Nonna Tina's for pasta. Chicken dishes are quite tasty as well. This is my go to seafood place. Good selection of wines as well. You won't be dissappointed with the food here, lots of great flavors. It is nice try something other than the government run restaurants.

Whitehorse, Canada
“You can get great food in Varadero!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A welcome find. It's back of the main drag, you might need a cab driver to get you there. It appears to fill up quite quickly, so go early or get reservations. My only complaint is the way the waiter hovered over us to get us to order quickly.