We just got back from the resort today. We had a good time. We stayed in block 6, which had only been open for about 22 days we were told. The room was very nice and the a/c worked very well. We woke up freezing the first night we were there. We did hear that other buildings were having problems with it.
Food was better than we expected. A la cart restaurants Bamboo and the French one were good. Hilltop was good, but the night we went they didn't have lobster, which they served every other night we were there. So we were a little disappointed. The sushi at the Japanese restaurant the night we went smelled rotten, so we did not eat it. But the rest of the meal was fine. The racquet club had good food, although it did take some time to get it. They had very good chicken bites the first couple of days we were there then the menu changed to burgers and sandwiches.
If you want a beach chair with an umbrella or a day bed, you must set your alarm for 630am and go reserve your chair then. Take an alarm clock with you, as there are none in the rooms.
Take bug spray. The bugs left big welts on myself and a few other guests I noticed throughout the week.
Take the bus into town as its a nice break from the resort. Look for the restaurant Baracudda. It's on the beach. Very good food for not a lot of money.
We did the jeep safari and it was a lot of fun. Take peso's with you as you are expected to tip at most of the stops.
Overall it was an excellent trip with very little complaints.
One tip for travelers upgrade to VIP service at the airport. Well worth the money especially to by pass the lines. They provide you with free snacks, beverages, and washroom services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort & SPA is located in Varadero Beach, the Cuban sun and beach tourist destination for excellence. This stunning Ultra All-Inclusive 5-star hotel is designed only for adults over 18. The property houses 434 rooms equipped with modern comforts and provides a varied gastronomic offer, daily activities, swimming pool and meeting rooms which convey an ambiance of quietness and service. Discover the magical peace of this hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Paradisus Princesa del Mar Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Hotel Varadero
- Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Varadero
- Paradisus Princesa Varadero
- Princesa Del Mar