Be Live Experience Las Morlas
$222
$187
Cancelon
1,823 results
All reviewssmall resortitalian guestsitalian chefpastapool barfisha la carte restaurantclose to townanimation teamcuban staffinternational hotelporkpaddle boatsfriescuban familyevery eveninglarge bottle of water
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hola...Just a quick review....
I've stayed at Las Morlas 5 times over the last 4 years...Enjoyed my stay each time..
If you`re looking for a small no frills solid 3* resort that takes less than a 2 minute walk to get anywhere on the resort....close to town.... with Good food...Good service ...Awesome and friendly staff.....A fantastic beach situated on the best stretch of beach in Varadero...A bank steps out the front door...Nice pool with a swim-up bar...Updated Gym...clean rooms in both the hotel and family duplex....OK entertainment...Than this is the place for you!!
NOTE....It is a quiet resort ,especially after the nightly entertainment ends...There are No snacks from when the dinner buffet closes til breakfast the next morning and only one ala carte....
I would not recommend this resort for teenagers as there`s not too much for them to do....
Over all....A Great little resort and would recommend it... keeping in mind that it is a no frills resort...
LC7

Room Tip: There are 14 Family duplex rooms that are directly in front of the pool...They have 2 floors , half bathroom and 2 double beds on the first floor...Full bathroom with a queen size bed on the top floor..
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
14  Thank CubaPhil
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at Las Morlas in 2011. Rooms were clean, food was good if you are into pasta. There were a lot of Italian people staying there and they quite enjoyed the meals and the expresso coffee available almost anywhere at the resort. There was also a good selection of pork, chicken and fish. I only remember the one a la carte we went to and the food and service was good.
The staff was friendly and helpful and it was a pleasure staying there. The beach was very good with a lively entertainment staff who really got me into the volleyball. It was quite interesting to play with people literally from all corners of the globe. Nightly shows were good until they did one night all in Italian and Spanish with no English. Kind of a let down as there were quite a few English speaking people in the crowd. We were treated to a national swim ballet group one evening who put on an absolute fantastic performance in the pool. That alone was well worth the stay.
Overall, recommended for family or couples.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north end near the theatre tend to be noisy until the show is over. About 10:30 or 11 pm.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Milbers
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rooms are clean and have nice views of property ...Short distance into town good for walking off that full belly..Very safe at all times even at 2am after the party...Try parachuting its really fun from up there its a view you wont forget and its very quite at that height its incredible..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank eddytoronto
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'd like to start by thanking the wonderful staff at Las Morlas for a very special holiday with my family. This was the first time in approximately 10 years my entire family had an opportunity to get together for a holiday, and considering there were 8 of us, we were all very satisfied.

The ages ranged from 64, 58, 30, 28, 24, 21 and 5 months old.

We chose Las Morlas based on the reviews from tripadvisor and it's fair to say they were very accurate. This was my second visit to Varadero and I knew what to expect based on the difficulty Cubans have gathering consumables. Here is a breakdown of the resort:

Room:
We stayed in room 322 (view facing highway and parking lot). It had two twin beds pushed together, which worked great for my family as my young daughter snuggled with my wife as I had the entire twin to myself. The room was very clean, including the bathroom which had a consistently nice water temperature (no problem getting hot water). We'd previous stayed at Brisas Del Cribe and there were loose wires in the bathroom, that was not an issue at Las Morlas.

Beach:
Incredible white sandy beach. No issues getting beach chairs under Paylapa's. Friendly staff there to assist cleaning the beach chair and very attentive lifeguard.

Bars:
Large assortment of bars on the property. I know I sure met all the bartenders. The beer was always cold and very strong Rum and Cokes (little too sweet for my taste). Obviously, the bartenders become much friendlier after you grease their palms a little, but what do you expect in a tourist trap like Varadero?

Food:
Excellent food at Las Morlas. I'm sure you're asking yourself, excellent? Yes. The food was a very pleasant surprise. For breakfast you have the option of buffet food or a hot omelette or crepe. I always chose the omelette as they were so good. At lunch there was usually a snack bar open with hamburgers or hotdogs or the buffet was open everyday. We always chose the snack bar as it is much closer to the beach. Dinner was always in the buffet restaurant and usually had a few different "hot options", or you could reserve a table at the Al a carte restaurant, which was a little fancier and offered the option of fresh lobster for $15CUC.

A special thank you goes to Eduardo in the buffet restaurant. He was genuine, considerate and a honorary member of my family during our visit to his country. Eduardo took special interest in my family because he was soon to be a new father, and my daughter's every move was carefully analyzed by Eduardo.

On that note, Cubans love children and there were many of the staff who were more than willing to hold my daughter during our dinner, so my wife and I could eat in peace (if only for 10 minutes at a time).

Las Morlas is an intimate resort, where the staff make an effort to get to know you and your family. I'd would go back to Las Morlas in a heartbeat and highly recommend this hotel.

Cheers.

PS - If you're going to Havana, contact Jorge who is an excellent tour guide and host. His email is jorgeguide2004@gmail.com. It was so much better than the cookie-cutter bus trips. He was able to take us to places other tour guides can't or wont. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are much noiser at night because of the disco. If you're worried about the noise factor, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank doveshack00
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We booked for a party of 6 to arrive April 16 . After many times visiting Cuba at Brises Guardalavaca we new what to expect from a 3.5 star hotel .
The good ; staff is friendly for the most part , rooms are clean food is ok . My 3 kids always found something to eat .
The bad ; If you miss a meal you are out of luck , no food anywhere . At Brises there was always snack things avaiable at the beach bar/grill .
At other resorts there was always a band at nights for entertainment , not so at Be Live
Entertainment was bingo or music trivia and 1 night a water ballet .
The bottom line , this resort is a solid 3 star no more . We will try another resort in the area .
We booked a Sunwing day trip to Havana that included a visit to a museum and a fort . We walked by the museum and only visited the store in the fort . It was open to the public but our visit was limited to the store . [ cigars and rum] . I think that this tour was misrepresented . If we are not going to actually go in these places why put them in the tour description ?

Room Tip: Our room was very dark 215 . It was like living in a cave . My daughters where in 222 and it was great .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family