“If you want to feel Cuba vibe”
Review of Hotel Los Delfines

and 1 more site!
Hotel Los Delfines
Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you like luxury don't come here, if you want to be secluded don't book here. This downtown hotel it has personality, here you will feel how much fun Cubans are and see Varadero as a beautiful beach town, you can walk all the way 1st street at midday or midnight and see how they live, if you like nightlife, several clubs are less than 5 min away. If you don't like the food at this hotel, there are several options less than 5 min walk too. And for the price you probably will pay for this all-inclusive, you will see that it is a real bargain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Albert70-1979

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my 6th time to cuba.I understand all about the poor quality of the food.This was not a problem for me since when it is hot i am not too hungry.There are good points to this hotel but it is mainly about the people and its location.Staff is ok but some of the staff are just fabulous! Like Marcelle ,security ,and yanili at the reception.What dissapointed me was the beach since we arrived on saturday and a lot of people on the beach.The next morning i went out for my walk along the beach and could not beleive the quantaty of garbage along the shore.It made me want to cry.When swimming you could find beer cans under your feet,everything from garbage bags to tampons in the water.THe hotel never did pick up the garbage.Its a tractor that just passes by and hides the garbage in the sand.There was plenty of sunchairs available but all thru the sand there were cigarette butts .A lot of cigarette butts!!Larger hotels did clean their part of the beach but not Los Delfines.We changed rooms because of cockroaches and dirty pillow cases and sheets.Buffet was very poor,many flies n the food.I did not pay a lot for the trip..580 including taxes so i knew that i could not ask for much.But bugs,dirty linen and dirty beach was not what i expected.The up side was that the ocean is always beautiful in cuba,I met a lot of great people ,tourists and cubans alike.The weather was great and we did have an excusion that allowed us to touch a dolphin.So if you dont want to pay much and dont mind a bit of bugs and garbage lol..its ok.Yes it is well situated but so are other hotels.I would pass on this hotel as picking up beer cans from the water is not what i want to do on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank claudia b
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was at Hotel Los Delfines March 24-31. It was my first time to Varadero and I travelled with a friend.
We lucked into one of the large rooms over looking the ocean. This room was huge! with a gorgeous balcony. We were on the second floor so our view was amazing!!! I found the staff to be good...Luciano, in charge of entertainment, was a lot of fun.
The hotel itself is in two parts. The front half has rooms around the pool and has the bar/snack bar. This bar is open until 10pm, with food available until 6pm. The back half of the resort has rooms overlooking the beach or looking towards the pool area, the entertainment area and 24hr bar. You have to pay for beer at this bar because they have no draft tap.
The food. It was not the best. Their one a la carte was alright.
I enjoyed being in Varadero and I found this resort to be a decent cheap get away

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cheryl A
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 2 weeks. It's Cuba... therefore you need to be realistic with your expectations.

For this hotel the bang for the buck (less than $70/day including airfaire!) is there but keep remembering it while you stay there and don't be shy to go outside of the resort for a diner if you are not pleased with the food as it will happen but I didn't bothered to much as our vacation was so cheap that I could afford little extras. There are many restaurants around that are pretty cheap. There is also the "a la carte" restaurant but you must reserve the Monday Morning at 10:00 AM to the concierge room, cross your fingers as they might or might not be there on time... But it was worth it as the diner was pretty good.

Most of the staff is pretty nice and will do there best with what they have... The location is quite good as you are walking distance from most of the places in Varadero. 2 weeks was more than enough with the bed quality... but overall I'm satisfied with the service and would probably go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BigBrofactory
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Left overs were served for every meal, and there were flies all over the food. Most of the time we took cold showers, but even when there was warm water, there was almost no water pressure. The syrups and drink mixers at the bar had ants crawling all over! Not sure why the reviews on here are so great for Los Delfines. People are somewhat friendly, but rarely speak english. If you have very low standards, you may enjoy this. The location was still great and view was still beautiful.

Room Tip: Much more quiet by the pool, but facing the street on the beach building is still quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank J L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went for the first time to a three-star hotel in Cuba, usually we take a four-star hotel but this time we decided to spend less on the hotel and more on tours around. We had an all inclusive deal for a very good price. The food was better than in the four-star hotels we were before, the beach was beautiful. The service was wanderful and the people in the hotel very helpful. What I liked best was that it was a small hotel and everything was near, the restaurant, the bar, the beach, we didn't have to walk far under the hot sun. Also this hotel is very well situated in the center of Varadero. What I didn't like was the matress, very old and thin, nor that after 10pm you couldn't eat anymore. But maybe this was because we went on low season and the snack closed at 6 pm before the opening of the restaurant. The good thing about going off season is that we could find a "palapa" anytime.

Room Tip: If you don't like loud music don't go for a room in front ot the sea they are over the bar a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susanav
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Los Delfines for 2 nights. The location is good, on the beach, near the bus station, in the town of Varadero. The building on the beach is old, but has spacious rooms and large balconies with sea view (about 100 euros per night, all inclusive). This building has a terrace with sea view and part of the beach is reserved for guests (including sunbeds). The remote building (on the other side of the street) appears to be newer, with (smaller) rooms with views on the pool. The pool is very nice, having an adjacent pool bar serving drinks and snacks (burgers, fries, etc.). The food buffet is standard, quality is not very high. If you love all-inclusive resorts, I can imagine you like it, but we as all-inclusive haters don't :-). I would prefer the food at the pool bar!

Paying by credit card is not possible. Parking is free. If you want to go snorkeling, go to Playa Coral, amazing (in the direction of Matanzas City).

Room Tip: Rooms in the old building (adjacent to the sea) has large rooms with sea view. Rooms are out-dated...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple