My wife and I just returned from Royal Hicacos.New management had just taken over,so not much has changed.Fortunately the core group of staff remains and that is among the best features.
Check in was smooth and quick.Bell boys Michel and "jackie Chan" were efficient and friendly.We chose 'concierge service' and find it well worth it.
Beach is amazing as always.Seemed cleaner that other years.
Food is great.Buffet is wonderful for breakfast and lunch.Osvany(egg station) is entertaining as in past years.Leonardo,and his co workers serve with pride.All a la cartes are good.Our favourite being El Caribe,Tatiana the captian and of course Pavel.I will say the bistro needs more staff as we waited 15 mins some days before we went eslewhere.
Lobby bar is nice,J.B. is so funny !!! I wish music would continue is the lobby and piano bars after the show begins,just a pet peeve of mine.
We hope the new management tweeks things but leaves Hicacos as we love it.As they say "dont fix what isnt broken".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within lush tropical gardens and just steps from the azure blue waters and powder white sand of Cuba's finest beach lies the award-winning Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa, an Adults Only Luxury All Inclusive Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Hicacos Varadero
- Sandals Cuba
- Sandals Royal Hicacos Resort Spa
- Royal Hicacos