Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
7,213 results
All reviews trinidad restaurant piano bar level guests level bar paella restaurant level room a la carte restaurants la habana tex mex hour cafe ocean view lobster juice bar hotel melia fifth floor international restaurant wedding coordinator
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went here last year after weeks of researching different hotels, and we were very happy with this hotel. We were upgraded to a LEVEL room (PRIVATE TOP FLOOR) because all the regular ocean-view rooms were full when we got there. We still had the regular (green) bracelet on so we didn't get access to all the LEVEL features, but we did get some extras being on that floor..
The hotel food was actually ok, I was worried based on dramatic reviews, but now I know that the people who wrote them were extremists and unrealistic, and probably of an entitled class back in their home town.. We are average middle class from Canada who are pretty fussy with cleanliness, good food, and service, and we were very happy with the overall experience at this hotel. Realistically, everything was as good as it could be, for what we paid and for where we were.
In the Buffet we found 2 of the most amazing waiter/waitress team LETICIA and ROQUE!!! The very first day we ate there we had great conversations with them and already made us feel so welcome and made sure we were well satisfied everyday. They are two of the greatest assets of this hotel and I really hope they get recognized by the management. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND! Both of them..
The rooms in the LEVEL were spotless and up to date.
The regular rooms (which we only stayed in on departure day after checkout, for $8hr) were very dated and not spotless (cobwebs behind our headboard) but weren't horrible. Just not as 5 star as THE LEVEL.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank mike3032020
Yeni-ACMVA, Asistente Comercial at Melia Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mike,

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and trusting our THE LEVEL. We aprecciate your comment. Making our guests feel as if they were at home is a priority for our entire team! We will give your recognition to Leticia and Roque. Hope you come back soon!

Kind regards,

Management Team Hotel Meliá Varadero

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We have been to this resort two times in the past and absolutely adore it. This trip we traveled in early January and some of my in-laws came along also.

We did have a little bit of disappointment prior to our trip, but the hotel I feel came through in the end! Back in September we had booked a 'Level suite' and 3 weeks prior to our trip we found out it was overbooked and we would be bumped. Big shout out to Carlos on the Level for ensuring we had an amazing ocean view room regardless. We had room 5409 and it was perfect.

It was amazing to catch up with employees we had connected with on past trips - Carlos, Tony, and Eva at the pool bar. The Level staff, Luisito in the Level lounge and Oscar at the main desk. We enjoyed the warm welcome.

The wedding coordinator was aware of our anniversary and we were included in some wedding / honeymoon extras that they put on. There is a cocktail party and gala dinner. Also a romantic breakfast in your room, and late check out if needed.

We also booked a special 'romantic dinner' in the gazebo. This was an extra cost and and well worth it. The food was amazing and included lobster. It is an intimate, private setting and we had our own dedicated server, Jorge.

Given I have reviewed this resort two times in the past, I will make comments on things that have changed:

- the Trinidad restaurant is no more, it has been torn down. It was replaced with an outdoor space that appeared to be for events. It was not being used. We thought it would be a great place to build an infinity pool for Level guests :)

- the outdoor restaurant/bar just past the Piano Bar is now complete. They offer an Italian lunch menu that doesn't require reservations. The food was really good. It turns into a bar in the evening. The view of the ocean is incredible.

- Level guests now get Wifi via the internet cards. These are a little annoying, but that said they can be used off the resort also.

- there is a sign up at the pool bar that mentions no more insulated mugs. It's far more economical to use an insulated reusable mug, so I will continue to bring mine and hope management realizes this also.

- I must have missed this on past trips, but Cuban day was also a lot of fun. Lunch is served outside, there is lots of songs, dance, and competitions on the outdoor stage. Music was a bit loud, especially if you were seated by the speaker, as we were.

- they built a lot more shade huts on the beach. They were built in rows two deep. Hopefully if needed, Humberto can provide umbrellas again.

As always, the resort was clean, well maintained, and work was always ongoing. I really have no complaints. We had an amazing week.

We did end up doing the VIP lounge at the Varadero airport. It was nice to skip the lines for check in, etc. but I am not 100% sure the cost is justified by the lounge. Free Wifi in there would have been nice.

We hope to be back in November!

Thank you Melia Varadero for another amazing visit!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank LASAddict
Yeni-ACMVA, Asistente Comercial at Melia Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hello LASAddict,

Thank you for choosing us and trusting our THE LEVEL! We appreciate your wonderful comment. Making our guests feel as if they were at home is a priority for our entire team! We will give to all the staff your greetings specially Carlos, Tony, Eva, Luisito, Oscar and Humberto. Welcome to the great family of the MELIA Varadero! It has been a pleasure to welcome you once again and we hope you come back soon!

Meliá Varadero Management

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I had a double room. I was very pleased with the services offered by the hotel. The employees were very friendly and the guys from the Las Palmas bar, especially Dayan, made our stay much more enjoyable. The best cocktails I have ever had were those at this bar. It was the most beautiful vacation I had and besides the dream landscapes, the people I met also played an important role. The food was very good and diversified. The waiters at the hotel's restaurants served us impeccably. Although we left without having many expectations, at the end of the stay we left in tears and we all agreed that we fell in love with Cuba forever. Our group of friends decided to return to Cuba and we will return to Varadero and we will choose this whole hotel, first of all because of the wonderful people we met and they were able to impress us.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank ginaugrai
Yeni-ACMVA, Asistente Comercial at Melia Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Hello ginaugrai,

Thanks for choosing Meliá Varadero and for your excellent comment! We appreciate it so much!
Making our guests feel at home is a priority for our entire team! Welcome to the great family of Melia Varadero! We will give your recognition to our staff especially to Dayan. It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we hope you come back soon!

Kind regards,

Meliá Varadero Management

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We stayed here for a week over the Holiday break, after reading so many glowing reviews of the resort here. The place truly lives up to its reputation!

We splurged on an upgrade to The Level, and were personally greeted and escorted up to our room by a member of staff (the kind, attentive, and incredibly friendly Daily). The room was neat and clean with fluffy towels, and we had a nice view of the beach. The Level also features a private lounge with upgraded drinks and a small all-day buffet, which was great in the mornings to skip the large breakfast crowds.

The beach was gorgeous with white sand and blue water. The person who took care of The Level section was so incredibly kind and helpful--a real asset to the resort. He would place and clean chairs and get drinks and was always right there to help. The one complaint I have is that tourists routinely litter and leave their plastic cups/straws/water bottles on the beach, and we joined a few others to pick up the mess. I wish all-inclusives could provide reusable drink containers that we could rent out and return (like beach towels) for the duration of our stay, because not a lot of people brought their own.

The à la carte restaurants were very nice (The Level guests get a daily à la carte lunch), and I must say the main buffet was the best we'd ever had in Cuba. Absolutely delicious, lots of choice, and the lines were never too long. We opted for the buffet over à la carte a few times, it was that good. Plus the New Year's Eve meal was spectacular, with seafood, fish, special desserts, an amazing presentation, and a whole calf cooked all day over coals... the best beef I've ever had.

The resort is well kept, clean, and inviting. The entertainment was fun and got everyone together. As always, the staff make the stay complete--so incredibly kind and helpful. We were treated like royalty. We booked a taxi to Havana with the help of The Level desk, and our driver was wonderful and everything went so smoothly, thanks to hotel staff organizing and preparing for us. Really worth the 2-hour trip!

Thank you to everyone who made our family trip so special. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank tway_mtl
Yeni-ACMVA, Asistente Comercial at Melia Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Hello tway,

With great pleasure we have received your excellent comment. Thank you for choosing Meliá Varadero! We will send all our staff your recognition especially to Daily and The Level Staff. It will always be a pleasure to receive you and make you enjoy vacations! See you soon!

Melia Varadero Hotel Management

Reviewed January 5, 2020

We spent late December into the new year at Melia, the service was excellent, the room was great. I had never been to Cuba as people tell me the food is not so good. Well, I enjoyed the food very much, maybe it is because we have been eating organic food for a year but I enjoyed every meal. The new years eve gala was superb I had several lobsters at the buffet very well done. Also, they had a great assortment of seafood. I will definitely do it again.. Kids loved it, wife loved it...

Room tip: The Level is very modern and any view is good as you can see the Atlanti on both sides
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Trips717
Ibeisi-CM, Community Manager at Melia Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi Trips717
With great pleasure we have received your satisfactory comment.
Thank you for choosing MELIA Varadero!
It will always be a pleasure to receive you and make you enjoy all our services.
See you soon!