Sol Sirenas Coral Resort
$222
$187
Cancelon
5,318 results
All reviewssirenas buffetcoral buffetcoral lobby barsirenas poolhour snack baryounger crowdhave a good timepaellaping pongnight lifekeep in mindwhite sandhot saucegreat tripgreat resortamazing beachjeep safari
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from May 31-June 6, it was fine. To begin, the Coral side was closed so you are cutting the hotel traffic in half. This is good in a sense because the service is quicker, but it has its negatives as the resort was not lively enough. The rooms are decent, although, I don't think they change the sheets as my sheets smelled like my hockey bag. The service at the buffet and the snack bar are pretty good. There is a woman named Aniate (or something like that) who works at the snack bar every other day, who does an excellent job waiting the tables. The lobby bar at night is also attended by 3-4 staff members (Carlo's being one, he has a permanent smile on his face) and they too do a very good job. Overall, the service is pretty good. Obviously tipping every night helps as well. Only thing is, the lobby bar has a very strange cheesy smell.

The food is tough to get use to and you get very tired of it after 7 days, you'll spend a lot of time at the snack bar eating ham and cheese/club or burger/hot dogs with fries. You have to be selective at the buffets and try to get off the resort once or twice to try some of the nearby restaurants in Varadero.

If you are going to Cuba to party, this isn't the resort. I have been told that in September it can rival Barcelo Solymar, but it surely didn't in June. There is no music playing by the pool or at the beach, which I would have liked. It's a good resort, looks a little run down from the outside, the grounds are kept up, although, the grounds keeper stops people and pleads for money, which is strange. I thought it was fine but next time around I'd try Barcelo.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike J
Sol C, Director General at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Mr Mike J

I would like to thank you for sharing with us your opinions about your stay in our Hotel, it really helps to improve our daily work.

We will check very carefully all the details you are writing in your review, concerning the problem with the food variety in our buffets and the animation team,so we are already working on it.
I’m offering my sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience s you had experienced during your stay with us. We will really appreciate your confidence vote in your next visit to Varadero, we assure you that you will be received with the excellence has always distinguished us.

My best regards,

The Management

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went to Sol Sirenas Coral June 1-8 2014 and had a blast! Half of the resort was closed for construction which was why we got it for the package for so cheap. If your expectation is a 5 star resort you will be very disappointed. It's a 3 star, and accurately so. The food was the worst part but was definitely manageable. Breakfast was the best meal of the day (they had Trix) - Lunch and Dinner were not as good. To eat at an A la Carte restaurant the reservation needed to be made the day before; this poses a problem if you're planning a day at a time. The resort itself was beautiful and really accessible. From the lobby of the hotel the beach was a 3 minute walk, two bars within 200m of the front desk, snack bar, buffet, Italian and Mexican restaurants were also seconds away from the lobby.

I did lots of walking along the beach and this property was by far the most beautiful, accessible, and largest in size - Lots of garbage's around. There was a lifeguard stand, but I did not see one at all. The beach was night friendly as well however the path there was not. Water was clean, super nice and easy to access. You could go out super far on foot without drowning - this was a bonus.

Our room was a decent size - a two double bed room. smelled good, appeared clean, bug free, cleaned well daily. There was a drip in the 'hallway' of the room that was never fixed, and the safe initially wouldn't lock. After telling someone at Customer Service about the safe it was fixed within 20 minutes. The hairdryer was working very well for the first two days, but then would only work for a few seconds at a time.

Strongly recommend this place

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Koziejr
Sol C, Director General at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Koziejr. Thank you for your visit and your review. I am sorry we could not get your expectations, we are not sold as 4 star. Of course we have areas where we need to improve and your comments help me. We hope you come back. Kind regards. Manuel Vazquez

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Sol from May 24-June 1. Overall great place. Rooms great. Food, so much variety. Staff very friendly and go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. Pool, awesome...beaches, breath taking. Went with a group of 6, age range..26-35...great place for a party. Great drinks. Close to town and clubs. All these ppl that are writing negative reviews are looking for things to complain about. Like example, a cracked tile..lol....really...come on, this is Cuba. Enjoy the experience, take it all in. It's just beautiful and staying at Sol was simply an amazing experience. I will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
9  Thank InsaneHulk

Dear InsaneHulk. Greetings from the best beach in Varadero, we appreciate your compliments and we are sure you will come back as many other regulars, please let us know. Kind regards. Manuel Vazquez

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I left a review for this resort for the last time I was there as well. Again I had a great time, but it does help in being able to see the friends that I met there the last 2 times. I always bring gifts for their children, makeup remover for the ladies, hair flowers, toothpaste, photos from the previous year etc. The staff appreciate these things. Again, I left my English/Spanish dictionary behind for a special person.
FOOD: Same as in past years mostly. There was butter this time! However, bacon was scarce which I found odd. There was no lobster dinner for repeaters which was somewhat disappointing.
BARS: Lobby Bar is the best I find (but my friends work there mostly). It was nice for the resort to have (what seemed) like more live entertainment in the lobby this year. Thank you for that, as I believe it is an important aspect for vacationers. I attended the Snack Bar more frequently this trip as it seemed as though the Lobby Bar closed earlier. Snack Bar was fine though for late drinks and food. I am happy to see that the grouchy lady that worked there in last 2 years was no longer working. That was good. The Swim-Up Bar has not been opened since I have been going. I think this is a necessary aspect to the hotel. I did tell a friend working there of this, I hope that next time I go it will be open as vacationers often look for this in reviews to decide upon their resort.
BATHROOMS: We not bad. At least this year there were still toilet seats (after I mentioned something last year). If there is no toilet paper just let one of the maids know.
ROOM: My room on the Sirenis side was fine. I have never stayed on the Coral side. I hear they are renovating that entire side which is good. I prefer to stay above the Lobby Bar however, this was not possible.
MAID: My maid to my dismay was terrible this year. I left money and gifts several days in a row and she didn't even go in to clean my room one day. The next day she did not refill my toilet paper. I informed customer service and they sent another maid. I was not happy about this...especially being a repeater. After that, I left her nothing.
POOL/GROUNDS/BEACH: Always nice, usually plenty enough of seating. Clean and lovely.
AS A REPEATER: I was thankful to receive a complementary bottle of wine and an invitation to stay in the Cosmonaut (5 star) part of the resort next year (free upgrade). A lovely gesture and thank you Sol Sirenis.
DISCO: The resort needs to advertise this as it is a really funky and good place to hang out at later in the evening. It is a great venue but nobody knows about it and so, nobody attends. Yes, you pay 1 CUC for a beer but who cares! They play great music and there's always dancing!
BEER MACHINE BY LOBBY BAR: I don't know what happened this year but it was dispensing soda. This is not good when people are paying money and out comes a pop (soda). Lol or Jaja (Spanish) I was not happy about this on one occasion but, this is why I leave feedback.
Despite my maid and a few small things, I will be returning most likely this winter. I enjoy the hotel, it is safe, fun and I love to see the friends I have made there. I know that the resort acknowledges their reviews and I like to see them prosper so I always leave such recommendations.
Hasta Pronto (see you soon). I look forward to the Cosmonaut next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jen C
Sol C, Director General at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Jen C. Thank you for coming back and for your good comment even we read carefully to improve following your information. I will check with the different team. we hope you come back and please let us know in advance with your request. Best regards. Manuel Vazquez

Reviewed June 7, 2014

we just came back from this resort. food was in lots of variety, always fresh, rooms were clean. staff were friendly , beach was excellent, there was lots of activity for every one. night shows were fun to watch. we all had a great time, I have to say Rosario and director of hotel were involve and helpful in all areas, Thank you

Room Tip: cosmonaut had best rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Zinats
Sol C, Director General at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Zinats. Thank you for your visit and review, your comments will be shared with all team specially with Rosario. Kind regards. Manuel Vazquez