Because this was my first trip to Cuba, I did a lot of research before I went. I'm glad I did. I was not surprised by the shortages in the country because I understood why and how it affected the resorts. The food was good but at the buffet, I used my knowledge as a cook to combine what was available and make a great meal. I loved the people. Cubans do so much with what they have. They are friendly, intelligent, clean and healthy. The resort does need maintenance/repairs but again I blame the shortages. I found the staff at the resort to be very helpful.
We toured Varadero on foot, by bus and cab. Ate off the resort several times. Shopped. Talked to so many folks and learned so much. Tours to Havanna and other places can be arranged right at the resort and were so much fun. I can't say enough about the beach. Beautiful! And I live on the ocean in Nova Scotia.
If you are looking for a 4-5 star experience by Canadian standards, stay home. Cuba is an adventure if you want it to be. Or, a relaxed, enjoyable vacation. It's what you make it.
Would I go again? Definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Inclusive Four Star resort with 651 rooms. Located alongside the beach in Varadero. Hotel complex surrounded by tropical gardens which convey an informal atmosphere. The property excels for its superb entertainment program. Recommended for families traveling with children.Guest Rooms651 rooms: 505 Standard, 63 Standard Ocean View, 10 Standard Superior, 55 Junior Suite, 6 Suite, 12 Family SuiteDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 1 Cafeterias, 8 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Sirenas Coral Hotel Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Resort Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Varadero