My friends and I got an all inclusive through west jet for under $700 so the holiday was a steal for us. The resort has its pros and cons.
Very friendly staff and accomodating
Great daily night show - very entertaining
Tour desks provided at the lobby
3 a la carte restaurants at the resort (mexican, chinese & italian)
Rooms were very basic and some very old looking (you should expect this for Cuba)
No internet (typical of most cuban resorts) and even when you pay the 10 CUC (1 hr) for an internet card, you have to use their computer and it took about 15-20 minutes for me to successfully open up my inbox and send a short email.
It is an all inclusive so drinks and food was of average quality. The selection on some days were better than others. By day 7 I started to get sick of eating the same thing over and over as the food offered was quite similar. Lots of things to do, the beach is about a 2 minute walk away. Note: in Varadero the resorts are located along the peninsula so most resorts will have the beach as their 'backyard' so to speak. At the beach you can rent kayaks for free and book to be taken out to sea on a catamaran, this is all complimentary to hotel guests which was very nice.
I have to say, I really love cuba. The people, the atmosphere, the gorgeous colour of the water. Everyone is very hospitable, seemed content and were happy to help. It is a real getaway from the fast paced world and you feel like you are in isolation, but in a good way. Definitely recommend this holiday, resort and Cuba overall. Travelled from Canada and you really can't go past the price with the all inclusive. One of the greatest value for money vacations I've been on.
P.S remember to tip, these people make very low wages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Inclusive Four Star resort with 651 rooms. Located alongside the beach in Varadero. Hotel complex surrounded by tropical gardens which convey an informal atmosphere. The property excels for its superb entertainment program. Recommended for families traveling with children.Guest Rooms651 rooms: 505 Standard, 63 Standard Ocean View, 10 Standard Superior, 55 Junior Suite, 6 Suite, 12 Family SuiteDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 1 Cafeterias, 8 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sol Sirenas Coral Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Sirenas Coral Hotel Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Resort Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Varadero