“It is real 4 stars hotel and I would go there again. Great place!”

Sol Sirenas Coral Resort
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Belgrade
“It is real 4 stars hotel and I would go there again. Great place!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

When I was reading reviews about this hotel, in order to find appropriate one for my honeymoon, I wasn't sure it will be the best choice because of some negative or indifferent critics referring to it. But I booked it and do not regret, at all!

It is not a luxury hotel, but it is an extra ordinary and exclusive place in its own - Cuban way. Actually it is resort, consisted of two different parts, Sol Club Coral and Sol Sirenas. Even though first one, Sol Club, looks better on first sight, both are excellent, with same quality, standards and facilities. Even more, where ever you are situated you can use facilities (including restaurants, bars, pool, etc) of another one.

The first thing I want to emphasize is all inclusive service. In Havana we had to pay for water and drinks even during for breakfast or lunch, but here, it was all inclusive at all, except for imported alcohol drinks. There is one buffet restaurant which has terrific food offer including variety of fruits, vegetables...more than ten salads...everyday fresh fish (salmon), two kinds of clams, a different kinds of cheese, beef, chicken, pork...rise..beans..and many, many other thing. Of course, you can have any (not imported) drink you want...including beer, champagne, red or white wine, fruits, fresh juices and etc...and you really feel like you dont miss anything. Mojito cocktail is their national drink and you should enjoy it as much as you can, cause it is the best place for mojito. Besides the buffet restaurants (breakfast: 7:30-10, lunch: 13-15; dinner: 18:30 - 22) you can always (24h per day) use snack bars where you can both, have a drinks or sandwiches, for free. There are also a la card restaurants, maybe five of them (Cuban, Italian, Oriental, etc...) and they are also included in price, but you have to book it during the day...and they are provided only for dinner..

Stuff is more than polite and ready to met all of your requirements. We didn't pay for a room with a sew view but we got that one, with no additional costs. There are always 2 or 3 persons at front desk and you can ask for everything, taxi, guide tours, advice or any other assistance you need, with no cost. And most important thing, they don't act as they want tips. I used to arrange taxi by bellboy and realized that he never included his tips in the price, what would be normal in the country as the Cuba is. Further more, once I forgot camera in one of the restaurants inside hotel and realized that fact 30 minutes after we had left that restaurants. When I went back to ask had they found it, I really didn't expect to see ten people who were trying to find the owner of camera and one of the managers who was immediately contacted to solve the problem. So, one more advantages of the hotel is safety therein.

As I have already said, we had a very nice room. It was clean one, with TV, bar and average bathroom which wasn't great as the room was, but still very good and comfortable. The maid was always somewhere near and she cleaned the room every day, with no exceptions.

Hotel has two or three big pools, consisted of small pools for children and standard pools for adults with bars inside it. There are also tennis court, mini football field, mini golf course gym, billiard and ping pong area. And the best thing, the hotel and facilities therein are in the big garden with palms everywhere which makes great atmosphere of exotic and tropical holiday.

But, all of the things related to hotel I can put one one side, and beach on the other one. I was thrilled with hotel's beach, at all. Actually, it is a part of Varadero coast and probably every hotel beach is same as others. There are a lot of palms, sand and variety of water colors when you look at the sea. It is Atlantic ocean but Cubans use to treat it as Caribbean sea. And it is really unique, amazing..don't know how to say. Maybe I haven't seen a lot of nice places around the world, so I am not able to make a good comparison, but it is something special, for sure. There is always team for animation making your stay more interesting. There is a beach bar...volleyball..catamarans..and a lot of mojito's...so, in the 11 a.m. you can be already drunk :) Color of the water is also amazing...

Probably the worst thing is internet connection. Actually it doesnt depend on the hotel, because all PC's and internet connections in hotels are same all around the Cuba, with internet vaucher system and very slow connections. But, it is Cuba and dont expect that you will be able to be connected with the rest of the world in usual way.

There is one store, with some souvenirs and cosmetics, but nothing else..

Since it is Cuba, and you shouldnt expect luxury but exotic and specific tradition, way of life, with totally different standards and criteria, this hotel met all requirements you need for great vacation. I visited two more hotels in Varadero (where our friends have stayed) and Sol Sirenas was better (in my opinion) even they were also well rated.

I dont know the experiences of other guests and I suppose it is possible to hear different opinions but I made this review in order to help other people who are going to visit Vardero, because I was really satisfied and pleasant with this hotel and would like to recommend it to everyone who has similar priorities and criteria. My stay was great so maybe I sound like someone who has subjective or personal attitude, so try to find more reviews and to make your own estimation of the this hotel and type of the vacation you want.

Also, see a pictures attached to this review.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank peljo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Cuba. First time was Melia Las Antillas, second was Melia Las Dunas.
First off, the beach was perfect, and the grounds were nice (as we expected).
Being our 3rd visit to Cuba, we expected the bed to be hard as rock, and the buffet to be adequate with decent selection.
We arrived late on Feb 24th, and by Feb 28th my wife and I both had the worst case of food poisoning. Stuck in bed (that was hard as rock) for days, shivering cold, followed by extreme sweats. The only time we could get out of the room was to pick up a piece of fruit and some juice so we wouldn't completely dehydrate. It was surprising how much liquid can be expelled from every exit point in ones body.
Anyway, thankfully we recovered enough to get on the plane and go home on March 2nd.
Unfortunately, it was so bad that I don't think we'll be going back to Cuba, never mind this resort.

Postive side, the Cuban people are very nice, and their beaches are spectacular.

Room Tip: We had 7275 the first night - it is awful. We moved to 7274 for the second night - somewhat better...
1 Thank DgQ

Travelers are raving about these Varadero hotels

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We really enjoyed our week at this hotel: the staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food was particularly good in the Sol Coral section and the Los ranchos restaurant. There's nothing like picking up your fresh cappucino, walking straight to the beach and enjoying the sun! :-)

Room Tip: From Feb. 13 - 21, rooms in Sol Coral were quieter, but Sol Selinas was also great.
4 Thank arm_deb
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Insects in the rooms even on the second floor. Flies and birds on the food in the buffet. I would never recommend that hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Bob S
Stanstead, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We spent last week in veredero...the hotel accomodations were good. there are 2 hotel on the premises, coral and sol sirenas. If you're looking to party all night and be awake stay at coral. On the other hand if you want to sleep go to sol sirenas. the beaches are beautiful, the drinks are good, the people are very helpful and pleasant. The food at this hotel was really good, lots of variety and i didn't come home with tummy issues. Downfalls; the beds in coral=good, (Noisy hotel) the ones in sol sirenas= poor(quiet hotel) aside from that..water pressure & temperature not so good. Entertainment was o.k. All in all good hotel :) We enjoyed our stay to spite some minor hiccups...lol

Room Tip: ask to be away from noise and to have a comfortable bed...lol
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jobleueyes
Sol C, General Manager at Sol Sirenas Coral Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2016

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We have been to this resort too many times to count. Beach you won't find better and the staff is very friendly. Cuba has a bad reputation for food but out of all resorts in Cuba this is where we ate best. The Coffee at the Tea Corner is best at resort. Entertainers are very friendly. We will be back!

Vitor & Maria

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank vitor f

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I lucked out with a wonderful, quiet room on the Coral side and great weather. We enjoyed the drinks and fun at swim-up bar in the Coral pool during the day, our dinners at the Sirenas Buffet, the Italian restaurant and the Mexican a la Carte in the evening. A nice surprise was the pig roast and mixed grill with buffet at the Ranchon Playa restaurant near the beach every day at 1:00. I love my daily dance lessons, my husband likes his ping pong tournaments, but most of all we love the PEOPLE! We love the 5 star beach and the shows in the big theatre were awesome! So much talent! We've stayed at the Sol Sirenas Coral before and will go back again. The servers, bartenders, maids and animators are so friendly and fun and the front desk is always helpful.

Room Tip: There is a 24 hour restaurant which can get noisy when the disco closes, so you may not want a room...
7 Thank Toni562