Stayed from June 15-22, 2013.
First thing is first, remember that this is Cuba and you're not going to have luxurious dining and fancy 5 star quality food. This being my eleventh time in Cuba I have to say that the food at this resort was actually VERY good. Fresh fruit everyday, the butter (thank God it wasn't margarine) tasted really fresh, the bread was always fresh and warm. Also, there was a lot of variety to choose from. The seafood was absolutely delicious. The a la cartes were very good as well, I recommend Italiano restaurant.
I also like how the snack bar was available throughout the day and they had late night snacking at the buffet as well, since I am young and am not very good at waking up early in the morning, I was always missing the breakfast buffet, but thankfully there was food available 24/7.
The beach was beautiful. The sand was white and the water was clear and always warm. It would be nice if they actually cleaned the beach everyday cause some seaweed and shells would always be washed up on the shore, which doesn't bother me since IT IS the ocean , but for some it may be a problem.. Overall, the beach was perfect.
The rooms were very clean and cleaned daily. The beds were comfortable for Cuba and there were no bed bugs or bugs in the room.. Fridge was always filled with big bottles of water for our convenience. AC worked wonderfully and it was always cool.
Not much to say here other than the fact that EVERYONE working at this resort were the kindest people I've ever met. Funny entertainment team if you actually talk to them and everyone always has a smile on their face and it's just uplifting to see the Cubans so happy all the time, it really adds to the whole vacation experience. If you need help with anything there is always somebody to help you.
The disco at the resort was actually really fun! The only thing that got quite annoying over the 7 nights was that the DJ would basically only play Pitbull songs... Which didn't really matter after a couple drinks ;) They had a beach party on Friday night which was great! If you're really into the night life they have really cool clubs out of the resort closeby and it only costs 10 CUC (pesos) where you party in a batcave (it's totally safe), really fun experience.
- Varadero is a very safe place, it's a tourist city.
- Talk to your tourguide and try to do some excursions like swimming with dolphins, ziplining, or going to see Havana! Really great experiences!
- Learn a bit of Spanish before you go! The cubans love it!
- Great resort for everyone, very children friendly, good for teens, adults, elders, and even solo, you get to meet lots of cool people wherever you go!
- If you have a late flight when you're leaving the resort, bring some extra cash to get late check out (which costs 30 pesos til 3pm plus 12 pesos for every other hour) so you don't sit around waiting for your bus all day when you can still be enjoying the beach ;)
- BUY RUM, its cheap. Santiago de Cuba rum is better than Havana club :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a beautiful stretch of Varadero Beach surrounded by tropical gardens. Elegant atmosphere. Wide range of gastronomy. Varied entertainment programme. Golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Alameda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Alameda Varadero
- Iberostar Varadero
- Playa Alameda Varadero