I did not do a review after returning back in March as it was our 8 th trip and have done reviews before, but felt I needed to after reading several. The one thing that should be noted by people reading reviews is how often a person has been to Cuba or that particular resort. Comments made by those who have been there once should be observed, but I feel that if people are returning year after year(s) must mean something. Breezes Varadero is one of those resorts as you will find numerous returnees here which should mean something. They have done upgrades to the rooms and added extras to make your visit complete. The addition of the coffee bar has been wonderful (and a busy place!) as well as the snack bar in main building, which is great when your flight gets you there later at night or leaving later.
The beach area speaks for itself and have never heard anything bad about it, although they could use newer chaises there. The gardens are beautifully kept by friendly staff like Ariel and Hector who will do their best to explain the different vegetation.
Cannot say enough about the staff who are like family now. Treat people with respect and that is how you will be treated! The entertainment staff are "my kids" now and do their best to keep you entertained. Love those people!
The food issue always puzzles me. You are willingly taking a holiday in a different country so why the complaints about food that you don't find at home? Take a North American trip then! We have NEVER had a meal that we could not find something to eat. They do have regular condiments here. As for tipping, do so if you want but you do not have to.
So we have already booked our 2014 trip to Breezes and can hardly wait to be embraced by the wonderful people here. Cuba is a safe and very interesting country to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Cactus is a Super-Inclusive Resort for adults -singles and couples 12 years and older , where all meals, wine, local and international beverages, water sports, land sports with equipment and instruction, entertainment and other activities are included in one single price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Los Cactus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Breezes Hotel Varadero
- Varadero Breezes Hotel
- Breezes Varadero Cuba
- Superclubs Breezes Varadero Hotel