“AMAZING!”

Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Varadero
Sydney, Canada
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean, relaxing, friendly resort that has the most beautiful beach in Varadero, this is the place to visit!!!!! Food was good, staff was top-notch, rooms were very clean, and the resort property was beautiful! I have read lots of complaints ( mostly about food), and I am puzzled if these people were at the same place. Complainers should stay home if they are looking for accommodations/ food the same as home... You are not home, you are in a different country!!! CAN NOT WAIT TO GO BACK TO BREEZES!!!!
Ps- LOVED the coffee bar!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
13 Thank LeeBoud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Breezes Varadero in April. We had an excellent vist and look forward to returning in th future. The rooms were moderna and clean, the service was friendly and prompt, the food was good since we like white fish, fruit, and veggies. The beach hamburgers were very tasty. The beach was amazing, white sand, lots of shaded spots to sit, never crowded. The daytime entertainment was as busy as you wanted it to be, it all depended if you wanted to participate or not. The shows at night were memorable (Viva italia) and very high calibre. The grounds were very well kept. The entire hotel was vey clean. Nice gym with new equipment. Overall, excellent value for the money.

5 Thank blue-noser1965
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We returned to Breezes for Viva Italia month. The variety of entertainment was fabulous. Brian Roman,Claudio Santaulce, Angelo Sciortino, Robert Michaels, Christopher Dallo, Carlo Coppola,Victoria Fragomeni, and Vince Bennenati all great Canadian performers. Lets not forget the great MC Franco Valli and Danny D who also hosted the beach parties. Of course this event would not be possible if not for the sponsor the Ananov Group and the hard working Carmella Vice President and organizer of this special event. The food prepared by the chefs from the Posticino
Restaurant for the beach parties and buffet dinners were superb.
Breezes hotel is our favourite and have been returning for 20 years. In April the number of repeat clients are numerous. We return because of the beautiful beach and friendly staff and we always feel safe.
Many improvements have been completed in the past year. Pedro the executive chef has made great strides in the quality and presentation of the food. The coffee bar is an nice addition as is the deli. The hammocks hung in secluded places around the grounds make for a quite place to read or just relax. The gardens are lovely and even the peacock is an attraction.
The pool has been improved with the new steps making it accessible for all. Hot tubs are working, the gym equipment is new and much better. This year the hotel even provided water Zumba classes.The lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach have been modernized giving us better back support. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Where in the world do you go to a hotel and on the second visit they remember you and treat you like family. As I have said before there are a great number of repeat clients that know just how good this hotel is but we do not write reviews. By posting on trip advisor we not only get a chance to tell the hotel what a great job they are doing but it is also a way to thank all the staff for the fabulous
Job the do. So again I ask all you repeaters to please post so we can keep this great place (our second home) viable and get the word out why we love this unique place.
Lee

6 Thank caperNovaScotia
PEI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I as well as family members and friends have been going to Breezes Varadero for many years. My wife and I and our daughter and her husband were there this year from April 11th to the 28th. This resort may not be the most modern in the Caribbean but it is by far one of the best. The resort is small in comparison to others, the beach is devine and the staff are no doubt the best in all the Caribbean resorts we have visited. From the Management to the Gardeners, they are by far the most friendly and the most guest orientated we have experienced. Whatever your needs are the staff not only look after you, more importantly they work to please all the guests and enjoy their work. Take my review from experience as my wife and I have been there annually for 21 years and will be back April 2013.
Carl and Irene Delaney

Room Tip: All units have been recently renovated, I recommend any room.
6 Thank CarlPei
Mississauga,, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was at Breezes for my 5th time in September 2012 and again for my 6th time April 14th 2013. This resort has become my home away from with the many repeaters the resort, I have met many new friends. It is always a pleasure to return and have familiar faces at the resort and the best staff ever who never forget you. They take care of everyone to the fullest and accommodate to make everyone's stay a memorable one. It offers everything you need for a vacation and the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. If you are looking for a place to go that offers everything you need, this is the place...I will keep returning as long as I am able.

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms have a great view including the Tropical Suites. Also rooms around the pool off...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank sweetlikecandy
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is our forth time back to Beautiful Cuba. We travelled the week of April 20th, During the Viva Italia month long Italian themed festival.
We stayed at the Breezes Bella Costa for the week, but were also able to visit Breezes Varadero. Both resorts are very Nice. The Bella Costa is more Family oriented, while Breezes Varadero is geared more to Adults. The properties are both very nice, clean and very well kept. Breezes Varadero's property is a stunner, it has a great parklike setting. I would recomend either of the resorts.
As usual we had a great stay. The weather was absolutely beautiful, sunny and mid 30's daily.
All the staff at the Bella Costa and Varadero were great, and always willing to make our stay comfortable, and pleasant.
Viva Italia/Evanov Group Radio Stations brought in musicians and cooks from Toronto for their entertainment and authentic Italian cooking for the month long festival. The entertainment that was provided was fantastic The singers were great!. The food that was prepared by the the italian cooks was delicious. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Bella Costa Buffets were also very good. In General,The food at both resorts was very good, we did not go hungry at all.
We had a great dinner at the Italian a' la carte at Breezes Varadero, the food was fantastic, and the entertainment and service that Pedro the head waiter gave us was excellent.
We had amazing bartenders at the Bella Costa, our favourites were Barbara and Oscar.
We would recomend both resort for anyone travelling to Cuba, especially in April. We had a great time!! Hopefully we will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Try to book a suite. These rooms are fantastic. They have a sitting/living room and a sepe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank A D
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled to the Breezes Varadero in February. We have both travelled to Cuba before, but it was our first time at this resort and at a smaller resort. This resort is fondly known for being smaller, but having an excellent beach - and it did not disappoint. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. It was a completely different vibe from other huge chain resorts. It had a real relaxed vibe and everyone was incredibly friendly - both travellers and staff. Basically here is a rundown of the pros and cons. Everything is taken with a grain of salt, every person is different with what can make or break a vacation. We are very low key and relaxed people so it takes quite a bit for us to not reccommend something.

Pros:Beach, beach and beach! The room average, but nice. We were in the building with the disco, which I had concerns about, but we never heard the noise once (2nd floor). The beach grill was good and the ala cartes are average, there are towels available, but we brought our own. One of my favourite things was the pool activities during the day. I am not usually a pool game kind of person, but it was so much fun! I honestly think a certain kind of person stays here, everyone we met was so chilled out and there for a great time. The hotel is also sup[er close to town, the drinks were great, superb coffee bar and a gift shop that doesn't gouge you. One of the best things was the giant pelicans on the beach diving for fish! We also walked to the Dupont Mansion (drinks on the patio are a must).

Cons: The beach chairs. They sucked. The pool has brand new chairs that were amazing. Here's to hoping that they start to get new chairs for the beach too. Not all of them were bad though, luck of the draw I suppose. Most people complain about the food in Cuba - but really, who goes to Cuba for the food? The food was pretty standard, some days/nights were better than others, but unless you are the pickiest person on the planet you won't starve. I guess the only other con would be that the fridge in our room wasn't super cold, but we didn't really care because we were hardly ever in there. Other people complained about the hard beds, I loved it. Again, a personal preference.

Overall, we would go back, and if you go back 5 times the 6th one is free!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple