6,275 results
All reviewsfamily conciergeroyal serviceoutdoor showerbella mara la carte restaurantsfamily sectionfishroyal sectionmain sectionregular sectionjunior suitebutler servicebuffet restaurantpool barmain buffetthe main hoteldinner reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We have just come back from a lovely week at this resort. We stayed in a junior suite with a garden view which looked out to the tree line towards the beach with a private balcony. The room was clean with good facilities and a comfortable bed. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The food in the buffet is ok, you won't starve but you also won't get gourmet food. It is a buffet. There is plenty of it, it is just simple. Breakfast was definitely the better meal, We ate in the Japanese and Cuban restaurants which were both lovely. There is a hop on hop off bus from outside the resort which we got in to Varadero Overall we had a lovely holiday and would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
8  Thank stupidscreenname95
GeneralManagerPVA, Director Residente at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Hello, Mr. stupidscreenname95.
First of all to thank you very much for giving us your review and thanks for having chosen Paradisus Vardero for your holidays . I take note about your food comments, opinions such as yours help us to improve day by day.
Thank you very much for your review again.
We hope to see you soon,
Resident Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Excellent resort very friendly people Oresto at the pool bar was a real treasure,extra special mention for Yosbel at the Piano bar, first rate service every night he made our visit to the resort very special.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie D

Hello Jackie D,
We will let Oresto and Yosbel know about your comment, this comments make us feel very proud about our staff.
Thank you for your review again.
Hope to see you soon again,
Sincerely Carlos Martínez-Almoyna Jensen, Resident Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I stayed there with my husband and our 20 months old daughter and we just loved our stay! I can only comment on the Family Concierge section as the main section was closed for renovations so we did not went there. The re-opening of the hotel was 1-2 weeks prior to our arrival so it was pretty quiet, at most 50 people on the site.

The Family Concierge section is located just behind the normal section and the Royal section. It is about 7-8 minutes walk to the beach but just ask a bell boy, they will bring you to the beach area with a golf cart, always with pleasure.

This is the newest section of the Paradisus Varadero and is quite luxurious. You can easily compare it to a 5* in Mexico for example. A lot of little details that we appreciated, thanks to Rainier, our amazing and dedicated butler. He unpacked and packed our luggages, which was very appreciated. He had a bath prepared for our daughter with bubbles and ballons, he did all of our a-la-carte reservations, he maid sure that we received our personalized bar in our room (you can choose what kind of alcool you want like vodka, gin, wine, rhum,... and you received bottles in your room), he prepared a bath for my husband with rose petals and a bottle of sparkling wine,... Rainier maid our stay the most enjoyable that it could have been.

A lot of attentions for our daughter also. Beach toys, slippers, hat and t-shirt were among the gift she received. The kids green towel tough is not a gift so leave it in your room before you check-out!

In the morning, you have 2 options, the buffet or the outdoor restaurant near the main pool. It was nice to eat outdoor but the choice is limited (omelet, ham & cheese sandwich, croissants, fruits). But I am pretty sure that if you ask for something, they will make it happen if it is possible. There was no mimosa outdoor, which should be added I think. At the buffet, even though it was very small, everything was good: eggs to your taste, mimosa, smoked salmon, very good pastries, cold cuts and cheeses, cereals ... The same applies for lunch time, small variety but good. Wine is also surprisingly good, red, white and rosé.
When we were there, the buffet was closed for diner so we ate at the a-la-carte restaurant. There was 2, the asian and the italian. The menu at the italian restaurant changed every night and I must admit that I was very surprised that I liked everything I had, especially the lobster during the romantic night. At the asian, you can choose a-la-carte or the cook show. Both were good. I guess that in high season, there will be more options.

The beach was nice and with a lot of chairs and palapas. There are waiters at the beach and they can bring you all the drinks you want. We even asked for food (pizza and sandwiches) and they make it happen. What a great service! We were a little bit disappointed that there was no bali beds on the beach tough.

For the kids, there is a very nice mini-club but there was no other kids each time we went there. Very quiet. Also, the grils working at the mini-club don't seem very involved and did not came forward to welcome us or show us the place. There is a video game room for teenagers and also a buffet section which was not opened yet but I guess that in high season it will be.

Our room was perfect, big,very clean and beds were very comfortable (memory foam mattresses). A large balcony with 2 chairs and table. In the bathroom, plenty of counter space and a large bath. There is an opening between the room and the bathroom but it can be closed for privacy. The only thing that is missing is an elevator. Having be there by myself with a baby in a stroller, I would not have appreciated to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor. And the first floor are swim-up rooms, so not very secure with a baby that can open doors...

The personnel went above and beyond our expectations during our stay. Hopefully it will stay like that even in high season. This is the most luxurious hotel in Varadero I have been so far. Looking forward to go back!

Stayed: November 2017
4  Thank Christine C
GeneralManagerPVA, Resident Manager at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Hello Christine C,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time writing such a nice review.I would like to thank for giving us your comments about the hotel and thanks for trusting us for your holidays.
We will let Rainier know about your comment, he will be very happy to hear it.
Thank you for your review again.
Hope to see you soon and It will be a pleasure to welcome you personally.
Sincerely Carlos Martínez-Almoyna Jensen, Resident Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Went in the first week of January for my birthday. Staff were lovely, food was the best I have ever had on holiday. Mosquitoes were a bit of a problem. Beach fantastic, as was the pool.
Highly recommended

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicoladurrant D

Hello Nicoladurrant D,
Thank you very much for trusting in Paradisus Princesa del Mar again to enjoy your holidays. I would like to tell you that always it is a pleasure for the staff to host you in our hotel.
We appreciate your kind words about your experience in our hotel; opinions such as yours help us to carry on working every day with enthusiasm and illusion.
We hope to see you again having another fantastic holiday with us.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Service was atrocious. When we arrived late at night (with my elderly mother and 2 year old daughter) nobody was willing to show us to our room. It was dark and none of the building numbers were visible. Thankfully another vacationer was able to help us.
The older part of the resort has the best location but the rooms are deplorable. Shower didn't work, toilet leaked and ran 24/7 and it was grimy. We asked to switch to the family concierge section however it was full and far from the beach and main resort area. Not to mention it was far more expensive.
The main pool was a bit rundown but it had a gradual declining shallow end (beach style) which was perfect for my daughter to play.
The food was barely edible (in all restaurants) but apparently that is to be expected in Cuba. I figured we could always count on eating fruit but even that was canned and unfresh.
The one good thing about this place was the beach...it was absolutely beautiful.
I was COVERED and swollen with bug bites.
I've stayed at resorts in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Mexico and have never come across such filthy room conditions. I came home and threw everything in the garbage, including my suitcase.
I was told that the people in Cuba would ask for things but I wasn't counting on being hounded by hotel staff. Bathroom attendants would show you pictures of their kids and then literally ask you to give them the clothing off your child's back right then and there in the bathroom. I felt so badly for them that I left them all my daughter's summer clothing once the trip was over.
Not even sure why I'm giving 2 stars. I'd steer clear of this place.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
24  Thank Stefanie G

Dear Stefanie G,
We regret to read that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay which do not reflect the quality we wish to provide to our guests.
We regret if your recent stay at our resort did not meet your expectations and you may rest assured that each of your comments have already been forwarded to our area supervisors, in order for them to take them into consideration for amelioration purposes like I told you when we were talking personally.
Resident Manager