6,274 results
All reviewsfamily conciergeroyal serviceoutdoor showerbella mara la carte restaurantsfamily sectionfishroyal sectionmain sectionregular sectionjunior suitebutler servicebuffet restaurantpool barmain buffetthe main hoteldinner reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2005

We have just returned from our two week honeymoon at the Paradisus. Overall this is a beautiful hotel with stunning surroundings and a luxurious pool area. It is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at.
The 3 al a carte restaurants in the resort were all great, however we did not feel the buffet was up to a five star standard. There were always cats roaming aroung the restaurant and birds were able to peck at the food which was off putting. However, we would always find something to eat.
Plenty of activities available during the day and evening. However, Varadero is not the place to visit if you are a party animal!! Nothing goes on outside of the hotels so after two weeks we started to feel slightly "penned in".
Overall, the Paradisus Varadero is a lovely hotel for a relaxing holiday.We would recommend it and were informed thats its the best hotel in varadero.

19  Thank FarAway20745
Reviewed August 6, 2005

I returned from paradisus last week after having a great time there with my family. There where loads of english people there the same ages as me and my brothers (18, 16 and 5!). Befor we left i read some of the reviews on here and was worried by a few of them (especially the ones about the birds) but i didnt find any problems with any aspect of the hotel.

Rooms:- Very spacious and cleaned everyday. Tv with channels in a variety of languages but enough english channels to suit me, the beds where firm but certainly not uncomfortable. Towels provided for the pool and shower which can be changed as often as needed. The cleaners and gardeners where very friendly.

Resteraunts:- The buffet offerd a large selection of fish and meat as well as some rice and vegetable dishes, They also offer pasta and pizza can be provided on request. I noticed alot of complaints about the buffet but i am quite a fussy eater and found no problems with it appart from a few birds eating the bread rolls.

The spanish resteraunt offers snacks during the day and then from 11pm - 5am. The food here at night isnt as good as the other 2 a la carte resteraunts but it was still nice.

The Italian resteraunt had good service and the staff where friendly, the food was very nice here too.

The Romantic resteraunt proberbly had the nicest food and the steaks are cooked at your table. The staff here are also very friendly.

Beach BBQ:- This usually got busy pretty quickly and they take a while restocking the food so its worth goin down early, the food was very nice and was mostly seafood and meat but they also had a selection of salads.

Pool:- The pool was huge and very clean (considering there had just been a hurricane) the pool bar was also good. There is also a seperate pool which was deeper than the main pool. There are plenty of sun beds but go down early if you want one in the shade.

Beach:- The beach bar was great and the staff where very friendly. The sea was abit cloudy the first few days but it cleared over the 10 days we where there. The beach is very clean and again there are plenty of sun beds.

Entertainment:- I found pleny to do here during the day and at night. There was aqua arobics and dancing lessons held daily at the beach in the morning and then at the pool in the afternoon. They also had various games at the pool in the afternoon as well as drum lessons and cocktail lessons. The evening entertainment was very good although some of the shows where quite similar, the dancers where excellent and obviously put in alot of effort as they started practicing at 3pm and the show didnt start till 10. My youngest brother enjoyed the disney show the most although all the shows where suitable for all ages. There is also a small disco in the resort which was quiet the first few nights but soon started getting busier and i went here with my friends everyday, the staff here are very friendly and the dj here seemed happy to play anything we gave him. There is also a bar outside the disco which seemed popular.

Staff:- The staff here where incredibly friendly. All the bar staff where plesant and usually remeberd what you like, the bar staff in the fun pub where particularly nice. The garderners also offered us coconuts and made us a hat out of palm leaves. The waitresses usually provided quick service though some where better than others. The costomer service staff where also very helpfull.

The entertainment team did an excellent job and where all very friendly, helpfull and very funny, they certainlly helped me to enjoy my holiday.

Overall:- This is deffinetly one of the best hotels i have visited and i have never met a friendlier group of people than the staff here particulaly the entertainment team. I meet loads of new friends here and considering the age gap between my youngest brother, me and my parents was plesantly suprised to find plenty for us all to do. I would recomend this hotel for anybody and definetly want to come back next year.

41  Thank Companion9180
Reviewed August 5, 2005

Room
The room we stayed in was on the upper level and had a garden and sea/beach view from the side. Rooms are spacious with a large bed (which is a bit hard but not a problem) has a TV and Mini bar they re stock daily, u get 2 beers, orange, coke, lemonade and a bottle of water.

We always kept the patio closed to stop the mosquito’s getting in.
The maid comes every day and does a really good job. We were impressed that she came back later sometimes when we had put the do not disturb sign up.

Restaurants
1 large Buffet restaurant called ARA that we visited for breakfast and dinner if we had not reserved a la carte. This is standard buffet type food, they also have an area where you can have fresh food such as fish cooked for you. We thought the buffet was okay but could of been better. If you go earlier we found we enjoyed our meal a lot more. The staff was always very polite and efficient.

Spanish restaurant is next to the pool and there are a lot of mosquitos. We ate there twice and I cannot fault the service or food but the mosquitos spoiled it for us. The restaurant never had many people eating there and this was a shame as the food was nice. In the day you can get snacks, which are delicious, I would recommend it (paradisus burger is my personnel favourite).

Italian Restaurant we visited twice and found the food / service to be very good. You feel like you are in a good standard restaurant. Its air-conditioned and a very nice change from the open-air buffet.

Romatica Restaurant is the very best the hotel has to offer as many other people have also noted on their reviews. Like the Italian it is air-conditioned and you do feel like you are in a good standard restaurant. The food is flambé in front of your table and is delicious. We went to this restaurant 3 times and each time it was superb.

Beach
The beach is very nice, white sand and calm turquoise water. There are plenty of sun loungers although unless you get to the beach fairly early you may find it difficult to get the comfy mats to put on your lounger. You do find people come and go and they usually come available after a short time. Also the beach is quite private so you do not get anyone trying to sell you anything.

Pool
Spent most of our day at the large free form swimming pool. Very popular and can sometimes take a while to find a sun lounger and blue mat but no real problems.

Pool Bar area serves limited range of drinks and they have no blender so cannot make daiquiri’s etc but they do there best. I drink beer so no problems there and my girlfriend enjoyed the 'shirley temples'. Must say the young guy who works at the pool bar is fantastic. He always had a good attitude and got everyone’s drink in one go, he remembered everything. I tipped him many times because he deserved it and he always remembered me and had drinks sometimes waiting for me at the bar. He even called me when I was in the pool one day and asked me if I wanted a drink.

Entertainment
There is entertainment at the pool throughout the day, dancing, aerobics, etc. The usual sort of things but I cannot comment as did not participate, although it did look good fun.
At night the staff put on a show in the theatre type area they have, this is quite good and we particularly enjoyed the disney show.

Lobby Bar
Staff was friendly and we met a lot of nice people here. I would say if you do tip the staff the service you receive gets better. but a couple of pesos's here and there is no big deal. Sometimes there is a man who plays the piano, which we enjoyed. I would recommend you try the mojito, this is a local cuban drink and is sweet but very nice.

There is also a fun pub which is air conditioned, its not bad but you do get a lot of kids in there. Never really got going while we were there. We had a dance but cant say I recommend the place.

Excursion
We went to havana and went to the new and old parts of the city seeing all the sites. Then stayed overnight and watched the tropicana show. This was very good and if you get the chance to go is a good night out. Next day we went to the pinar del rio and saw how cigars are made. The only thing I would say is that it is a lot of traveling. Its 2 hours to havana then pinar del rio is about another 2 hrs so on the way back its a 4 hour journey......not to good if your hung over from the tropicana!!!!

Overall we had a great holiday, very relaxing. We thought varadero would have more nightlife but apart from a few samba clubs there was not much going on. This was not a problem though as it was a nice change to our last holiday in cancun which we came back from needing another holiday!!!

Hope you have a great time at the Paradisus Varadero, we certainly did.

Hint - Take plenty of Mosquito repellant and after bite stick, we really could not of done without these.

44  Thank DCrawford
Reviewed August 3, 2005

I stayed in the hotel for three nights for business purposes (I am a Dutch touroperator being blessed to visit these kind of hotels to compose future leisure packages). The resort offers every facility you expect from a resort within the price range.
Unfortunately some facilities are out-dated like the gym (none of the machines worked anymore). Overall there are plenty of restaurant facilities, entertainment and privacy is assured. Next year the Spa will open.
Really a place to be together with your partner. I was there alone which made the experience quite different than all the other guests. I will return here but not without my wife and kids!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
13  Thank Scenic1377
Reviewed July 31, 2005

I went to Paradisus Vardero with my parents and brother and had such a good time I wish I was still there. The hotel is beautiful and you really do feel as though you are in paradise. Our room had a great ocean view and was 10 seconds walk away from the beach- perfect! The beach itself, on the first couple of days had a lot of seaweed and this put me off but later in our 10 night stay, the sea was crystal clear and it was great to be on the beach. We didn't spend much time in the pool but it is huge, the water is warm and the pool bar is great. The beach bar is also great and my parents enjoyed drinking fresh coconut water- the cocnut having been selected and cut right in front of them! The restaurant buffet did not cater suitably for vegetarians and the birds, cats and mosquitoes at night marred the eating experience but this was forgivable given the friendly, warm, welcoming nature of the waitresses particularly Diana Rosa and Anabel. The Spanish restaurant prepared special vegetarian dishes for us and this was greatly appreciated but having been given a table outside in the evening we were eaten alive! The orchestra in the buffet were ok but seemed to want tips for playing to us- perhaps understandable given the nature of the tourism industry. The entertainment for me was the highlight perhaps as I am a teenager (17 yrs). My mother and I frequently enjoyed salsa lessons on the beach with Mauricio- the funniest, nicest and friendliest guy I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. In the evenings the entertainment was good and I enjoyed watching the dancing. I did not find the beds to be too hard and found the room service to be decent although toiletries were not replaced after usage unless requested. The air conditioning was good and there was a CNN news channel- not bad! I also paid 35 pesos for a mud therapy session -not worth it but an experience all the same. The Cubans are really friendly people from the waitresses in the buffet to the hilarious entertainers to the bartenders. I really enjoyed my experience at Paradisus Varadero- the friendly people and fabulous location left me wanting more and now I have to persuade my parents that we should go to Cuba again next year! I would thoroughly recommend Paradisus as it is simply the best.

19  Thank Quest25523