Me and my boyfriend went to Cuba (and stayed at Paradisus Varadero for 2 weeks) for my Birthday. We are very seasoned travelers who have travelled around the world both seperately and together.
This was the best trip of our lives, and a lot of this is thanks to the wonderful staff at Paradisus Varadero :)
I see a lot of reviews about this hotel concerning the Royal Service bit, but my review is going to be about the main hotel (we did not stay at Royal Service). We had wonderful service and definitely the best beach in the entire Varadero (MUCH nicer than the Royal Service part - We thought it was too "cut off" and secluded from the main bit where all the "action" is).
We got a nice room on arrival, however, after Magby (lady who works there) heard that I would be celebrating my 30th there, we were upgraded to a room on the first floor with amazing ocean-view.
The food in All Inclusive Hotels are usually not that great, but the food at Paradisus was amazing! The buffet had everything you could wish for, and they had little "stations" of Italian, Chinese Wok, BBQ meat etc where the chef cooks fresh food in front of you (I fell in love with their hand-made Italian pasta - DELICIOUS!).
We tried the A la Carte restaurants - The Italian one was really romantic, with outside-seating and dim lighting, and the pizzas were really good. The Teppanyaki was fun, the chefs were good, but I would still choose the buffet over the A la Carte restaurants anyday because of the selection. It was nice to have tried it though!
Magby also got us booked in for the Royal Service restaurant for my 30th (which was not included for us as we didnt pay for Royal Service, but we got that out of a nice gesture). The food and ambience was amazing, and it was nice to venture around the grounds (the grounds are massive!) :)
We loved the swim-up pool bar and the beach BBQ (lunch at the beach BBQ everyday - the chicken = amazing!).
I have to say that apart from a great location and a nice hotel, what really made this hotel a 5 star and standing out was the amazing staff. Thank you so much Parra, Lazaro, Andre especially. Please make sure they get this thank you from the UK couple (and I'm the Asian/Swedish girl :))
ALL the staff, including the girls who cleaned the public toilets, the waitresses/waitors at dinner/breakfast and out at the BBQ lunch, the cleaners and maids, were absolutely wonderful.
I have recommended this place to everyone, colleagues and friends, and especially this hotel. Me and my boyfriend will DEFINITELY come back to this Paradise!
Thanks for the most amazing time ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront in Rincon Francés, part of the Varadero ecological reserve. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 510 rooms. This charming world is privileged with elegance, refinement and privacy, especially its Royal Service. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons, incentives and wellness/spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Prestigia so you can book your Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Varadero Resort And Spa
- Paradisus Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Varadero Paradisus
- Paradisus Varadero Cuba