We spent a week here after three nights in Havana, staying in the main section of the hotel not the Royal Service.
First impressions of the huge, open reception and main bar area were good and we enjoyed a drink here most evenings before dinner.
Our room was on two levels with a balcony overlooking the lush grounds. Inside was clean with all the ususal facilities, although having wardrobe storage very near the bathroom/washing area was slightly strange!
For a Communist, second-world country the standard of finish is as expected although some may feel it's not up to a 5 star standard (more like 4).
The only worrying aspect is a lack of fire equipment outside our block - just a sign indicating where the emergency equipment should be!!
The beach and pool (with swim-up bar) were amazing and certainly push the experience to a 5-star.
The main restaurant is an la carte buffet and can get very busy with some hit and miss waiter service for drinks but the choice and quality of food was very good
There are a number of other specialist restaurants (Mexican/Romantic/Italian/Japanese and Beach Barbecue) available for the evenings which are available to book at a small desk near the entrance to the main restaurant each morning.
Be warned that they may get fully booked very quickly ( I reckon Royal Service guests get first dibs!)
However if you book up a number at the start of your week it shouldn't be a problem and offers something different as well as waitress service. We liked the Romantic and Italian but thought the Mexican was poor service and not very good food.
The beach barbecue takes place most nights at the beach restaurant but if you can't book, the same think happens at lunch time with no need to book offering meat, fish and a big dish of paella every day - delicious.
All in all, a good hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront in Rincon Francés, part of the Varadero ecological reserve. Five-Star Ultra All Inclusive Eco-Resort with 510 rooms. This charming world is privileged with elegance, refinement and privacy, especially its Royal Service. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons, incentives and wellness/spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Paradisus Varadero Resort And Spa
- Varadero Paradisus
- Paradisus Varadero Cuba