6,272 results
All reviewsfamily conciergeroyal serviceoutdoor showerbella mara la carte restaurantsfamily sectionfishroyal sectionmain sectionregular sectionjunior suitebutler servicebuffet restaurantpool barmain buffetthe main hoteldinner reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. We got married here . All around the grounds were champagne/wine huts to help yourselves. Right on blue beach . Food was lovely. Beach resturant was to die for with fresh meat snd fish bbq daily while live cuban music was played . Also weekly cuban day on beach with live entertainment . I would recommend to anyone and love to rerurn

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank maggy55_11
residentmanagerPVA, Manager at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Maggy,
Thank you for taking the time to drop us a note on Tripadvisor and for such nice words. We are delighted to read that you had a great time and enjoyed the food and the music on the beach. We would be very pleased to welcome you again, maybe in a second honeymoon trip or to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

With kindest regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Travelled to Cuba several times and the Paradisus resorts have been by far the most luxurious/enjoyable! I had minor issues with my room but the customer svc staff on this resort are fabulous and understanding and quick to rectify any issues. Their modo was "if you're happy then we're happy" and they kept to their word and quickly rectified the any probs. Best customer svc I've ever experienced!

Facilities : best I've seen in Cuba
Daycare/mini club staff: clean facilities, experienced and the best I've seen anywhere
Entertainment staff: top notch, some of the shows were phenomenal and lots of fun including night shows by the pool and the beach party.
Food: buffet and lobster by the beach were my favs
Staff: very helpful friendly
Beach: #1

I also had the opportunity to stay in the royal svc section for a portion of my trip and the rooms and my experience there were definitely 5 star plus. If you're the picky type stay here and not in the std rooms.It is a very private and quiet section of the resort and their were too many perks to mention.

I will definitely return to this resort! It will be difficult for me to consider anything else in Cuba especially when travelling with the kids!

Thank you Paradisus for exceeding my high expectations. I also stayed at the Paradisus Rio di Oro a while back and that was my best experience in Cuba until I stayed here!

Room Tip: Spend the money and stay in royal svc! Take adv of mini club and babysitting.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank T G

Dear guest,

We sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide your comments and feedback. The title of your review is certainly the motto of our Customer Service Department and of all the staff here. It is good to know that you found your stay luxurious and enjoyable and that you are satisfied with the miniclub and babysitting services.
Hopefully you will be back again in the future with your kids. All the staff will be looking forward to seeing you.
Again, thank you for the preference.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went there with my wife and son. Staffs are friendly and nice, I guess they are very happy working there.

There are 2 bottles of wine every day one red and one white. and they also provide bottle water in the room.

This is a very safe place for family with kids. We took over 2000 photos, this resort is so nice that you can take photos everywhere. (especially the spa area)

The tissue box we have in the room only have like 3-4 pieces left, we ask for another, but unfortunately never came (we asked 3 times).

There is no hot water sometimes. It's not an issue for me, as Cuba is always hot. Shower in cold water is not as bad as you think.

They have three restaurant, Italian, Caribbean and Japanese plus a buffet. There is also a snack bar by the pool and their crab salad is really good, trust me.

The beach is pretty long and big, nice, calm, flat white sand. Very nice.

We found some ants located in the center of the room, but they never return after clean up.

Will definitely go back again for sure!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Belippy

Dear Belippy,
Thanks for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. Reviews like yours make our staff feel happy to work here. We are very glad to learn that you had a great time with us, apart from the inconveniences you mentioned, for which we are really sorry. Of course, we will analyze them with the relevant departments. It is nice to know you found here a safe place for your family and we hope you come back and try the other restaurants you have not been to; we have 5 of them now.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a place and what an experience!!! We have been to many 5 star resorts around the world and we found this as one of the best. Fantastic location, with well-spread grounds to start with. Many activities through out the day. All the staff were friendly and always keen to help. It was an all-inclusive booking and we found that there was no shortage of food & drinks at anytime of the day or night. The resort is very well-managed and we could not find a single fault, except that the rooms and bathrooms were a bit old and tired and need refurbishing. But we enjoyed the overall ambiance so much that we did not care to spend much time in our room. The sea-food was fresh and fantastic every day in the buffet. The bar-men and waiters were so keen to pour you another drink even before you finish your first. This is very unusual and generous attitude. Special mention to waitress 'Mileidy' at the lobby bar, who was so welcoming and so was the bar man. The guys and girls on the beach, training Salsa etc were equally fantastic. The buffet food was better than the Japanese and Italian restaurants. We now miss this hotel so much, will definitely visit once again....!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pools or the main building, otherwise you may be walking a long way as this resort is very well spread out.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amulya B

Dear Amulya,
We would like to express our gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. We are already immersed in the process of updating the rooms here. So maybe next time you will not find these inconveniences concerning the room. Thanks for mentioning the great job our staff did to meet and exceed your expectations. We will be delighted to welcome you again soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I visited the first week of February. I could never understand people going back to the same resort twice but I will be coming back here. We have traveled to Mexico, Dominican Republic and Cayo Santa Maria(which I also love) I found the staff at the Paradisus Varadero were the best of everywhere we have been. But then the people of Cuba are friendly. The only complaint I had is with the tour company and their lack of communication, but that has nothing to do with the resort. We spent most days beside the pool as I was not in the mindset to sit on a beach. The beach was beautiful and we walked both ways and it is one of the nicest ones. It is an older resort but people have to remember this is Cuba and even though things are progressing it takes time. The drinks were fantastic and the food was good, always could find something to eat.
See you next year and I am bringing family and friends when we come back.
Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oleblueeyes82

Dear Guest,
Thank YOU for the nice remarks you have posted. It is great to read how you liked staying in our resort and most important, that you are planning to come back with family and friends. All our staff is looking forward to seeing you too next year. Thank you for the preference.
With warmest regards